Home Forums Modern Mike Bravo Minis: New 28mm Moderns

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Bravo Minis
    Participant

Hello all

Some of you may have seen us pop up on TMP or LAF, and apologies for having neglected TWW!  Hopefully this will make amends…

We’re a new start-up in the 28mm Moderns market and our portfolio of lines (for I have far too many in mind) will be built around the Arab-Israeli conflicts (roughly 1970s to date) and one other Main Range that I haven’t settled on as yet.

We will, however, be doing a small number of sidelines and one off projects, for example a set of African Union troops for the current AMISOM mission, and we’re open to suggestions for what else ought to be out there in the 28mm market.

Mike Bravo is primarily a figures company, but we’ll be teaming up with some vehicle manufacturers to put out appropriate vehicles/crew for existing vehicles.

We’re UK based, and sales will need to be direct from us initially, but in time we’ll have retail outlets in Australasia and the US.

We have a number of test greens up on our blog, and we are excited to preview our first releases, which will be a set of war correspondents & photojournalists suitable for all manner of current conflicts real or imagined.  This will be a pack of four (a tv crew and male & female photojournalists) with the greens hitting UK shores in early September to be sent off to the casters asap.  Bigger pics on our blog but here’s a taster:

We’ll post update as we go along on our blog and I’ll add to this thread as appropriate.

Warm regards

Dan

Mike Bravo Miniatures
    http://mikebravominiatures.blogspot.co.uk/

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Mike Bravo Minis. Reason: random code appearing!
    Mike
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting, very nice too, but then Flytrap does do good green!

Mike Bravo Minis
    Participant

And the third reporter is now shown on the left of this group shot…  TV cameraman to follow.

Reporters

Bigger pics and ‘walk around’ of the female photographer here: http://mikebravominiatures.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/a-picture-of-war-2.html

Paul
    Participant

Very nice. How big a range have you planned for the African Union troops? Always on the lookout for worthy opponents for my TAG African militia.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Earther
    Participant

Just got very excited to see the Wild Goose post on the Mike Bravo blog: http://mikebravominiatures.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/wild-goose.html

So excited I left a comment!   I’d love to see THAT particular range developed.

Mike Bravo Minis
    Participant

Paul – I should think the AU guys will be up to a dozen or so poses – a couple of leaders, some G3 armed guys, an RPG and a PKM I think.  Certainly enough to do a 10 man section* of unique poses and a few figures for a platoon HQ.  The plan is to have swappable heads for more variety/usefulness.  I’ll probably also do some vehicle crew, as Sloppy Jalopy has a nice looking BMP2 that would suit Uganda’s AMISOM operations.

I’d like to do more African troops and some militias – the 2nd Congo War appeals given the variety of participants and kit.  Eg I’d like to bring out something like the Cascavel and a few Zimbabwean troops, but they may be a little way down the pecking order.  I’ll probably also do some early Ugandans (ie for Entebbe) next year when we release our 1980s IDF.

However I’m conscious that there’s already quite a few manufacturers doing African figures so I’ve got to make sure I don’t blow our budget on ranges that only I would buy

(*I’m assuming 10 man sections, need to dig deeper to work out their platoon TOE)

Earther: Thanks and noted.  Lets see what Santa brings 

Paul
    Participant

Interesting stuff ahead Dan. You are tempting me into getting 28mm’s for moderns again after I had vowed to only expand my 15mm moderns. Please keep us updated.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Mike Bravo Minis
    Participant

Cameraman is now up, with a group shot below and detailed  pic on the blog link above.

Mike
    Keymaster

+1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.