Home Forums General Books and Magazines Miniature Wargames 422

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    John Treadaway
    Participant

Well, bizarrely, I seemed to have missed announcing 421 so… currently lacking access to my time machine, I figure it’s best to say what’s happen in in the latest issue: 422 is just around the corner . What gold glistens from between its covers?

front cover

There’s Heading West: A peak into the story behind our cover feature Wild West Exodus with a trio of exclusives. There’s a Q&A with the manufacturer Warcradle; a painting guide for your free cover miniature plus a scenario called Leave ‘em to the Vultures.  Eeeehaw!

Taking a trip out with his camera, there’s Salutations: it’s a show report from Salute 2018 when the editor took the long walk around the massive London show.

There’s the next Command Decision: St Crispin’s Day 1415. It’s North East France, on 25th October: you are Charles d’Albret the Constable of France and Henry’s cutting a swathe back to Calais. What to do? It’s a  conundrum posed by Jon Sutherland.

Into The Woods: Scenarios ideas by the bucket load through multiple time periods based on a dissection of battles at Bodange 1940 and Baraque de Fraiture 1944.

Thukela & Blood River: The Boers and Zulu clash in South Africa. History and gaming scenarios!

To Think Again… A guide to Wargaming the 1745 Jacobite Rebellion.

There’s also more scratch building gaming scenery: The Wargames Widow shows us what to do with toy trains!

The regular Send Three and Fourpence column features a ‘cat hunting’ scenario idea for Black Ops. Mind you, the cat in question is a soviet BMP…

For reviews we have Fantasy Facts: a palantir perusal of the latest news in F&SF gaming with releases from Black Pyramid; CP Models; Osprey; Modiphius, Brigade and more!; Forward Observer with (mostly) historical reviews with reports on Osprey; Two Princes, Van Dyck, Northumbian, and much more. Finally we have Recce for fourteen book reviews. And the free Club Directory!

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.