Home Forums General Books and Magazines Miniature Wargames 434 and Cruel Seas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John TreadawayJohn Treadaway
    Participant

cover

Issue 434 of Miniature Wargames is with us (I was a little late with my announcements this month: blame easter!). What do we have for the readers?

We have a special  A Cruel Seas triple bill: not only two FREE US PT boat models (worth £6) with a painting guide, but The Spout: a naval scenario for an alternate D-Day; and Jaw-Jaw & War-War: an interview about the origins of Cruel Seas with John Stallard CEO of Warlord Games.

In Send Three and Fourpence Conrad Kinch gives us an interview with a new figures manufacturer Katsina Miniatures and a froggy scenario for Rangers of Shadow Deep using some of their figures.

In Shilluk we have an exclusive new African Warriors army – complete with a painting guide – for Death in the Dark Continent by the rules author Chris Peers.

In Command Decision we have a Hastings conundrum from the Norman point of view by Jon Sutherland.

Ambush is a Skirmish Sangin scenario that can be adapted for any modern combat small unit action system by the rules author Colin Phillips of Dishdash games.

In The Blue & The Grey  there’s a set of rules modifications for playing ACW in 15mm.

In Paint A Winner we have an interview with pro-painter David Soper.

On The Case James Winspear looks at the best way to pack your troops.

In Double Excel the editor writes a report on the Salute show and the Wargames Widow shows you how to make glazing units for buildings using a sieve!

There’s All the usual news and reviews. For reviews we have Fantasy Facts: with the usual look at the latest products in F&SF gaming Plastic Soldier Company;  North Star; GZG; Osprey and more! And Forward Observer with (mostly) historical wargaming product reports on Pendraken; RK Modelworks; Brigade Models; Caliver Books; and Warlord.  Finally we have Recce for a 16 book reviews. And the free Club Directory!

And – just to warn you – next month will be another give away with more Cruel Seas models and the month after will be some free Prodos releases.

And – when you think of £6 this month and again next month for Cruel Seas models and that a yearly subscription to the whole magazine is just £9.99, you have to ask yourself (if you don’t currently have a subscription) why not!!!

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    fairoaks024fairoaks024
    Participant

Very nice issue John, mine turned up a few days ago. Excellent read

Participant

Thankyou, sir

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

Aw crud, as a digital subscriber my hands won’t be getting on the freebies.  The internals look to be great as usual though.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Thorsten FrankThorsten Frank
    Participant

Thx for posting this, John. I´ve got to catch the postman beforehand – because it may happen that I will get only pieces of plastic ships if he tries to insert it into the slot. Usually I get the MW on the saturdays after the release.

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Participant

Aw crud, as a digital subscriber my hands won’t be getting on the freebies. The internals look to be great as usual though.

Worth buying extra paper copies just for the boats and other stuff on coming issues (he says in a shameless act of self promotion )

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

I’ll have to see if I can find a place here that carries it.  Don’t think I’ve seen it at Barnes & Noble in the DFW area.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.