Home Forums General Books and Magazines Miniature Wargames 459

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Issue 459 of Miniature Wargames is out and we have another great selection of rules, scratch builds, thought provoking articles and scenarios for you to chose from.

On the cover and inside is the Battle of Plataea: yes it’s a Boeotian Rhapsody with a Greece versus Persia battle circa 479 B.C.

With Command Decision: we look at the Great Northern War: Europe is aflame and the scenario to play centres around Germany in the summer of 1717.

In Send 3 and 4 pence we have A People’s War: the first of a two-parter. it starts with a solo, programmed paragraph section for Rebels & Patriots. Next month will be the table top conclusion!

Everybody’s favourite merry man is thoroughly explored in The Hood Was Good! we have three Robin Hood Scenarios for the new Feudal Patrol ruleset.

Get organised with There’s no ‘W’ in Team… This explores Teambuilding in wargaming. And – In Roll The Bones – we look at the interpretation, extrapolation or no dice. Just what are the chances…

If you want to build and fly WWI biplanes, how about Wings of Belgium? This piece has a building guide plus Simple wargaming rules for WWI.

In Practical Wargames Scenery Tony Harwood builds an Epic scale barn but – if you want to go bigger and more ‘Alien’ – how about a scratch build of Sci-Fi gaming corridors? In They’re Coming Outta the Goddamn Walls! we show you how to do this for cheap!

Finally, we have the review sections with of Defence in Depth with new products, Quartermaster for Hobby products for the wargamer, Forward Observer for news – especially of forthcoming show dates – and Recce for nine of the very best of insightful book reviews and the Club Spot
    Features the Devon Wargames Group

The Last Word is by Chris Birch of Modiphius Entertainment.

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    Participant

Wow, that’s a pretty good spread of topics.  Love a free biplane rule set, looking forwards to that, especially since I know so little about Belgium in WW1.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

I received issue 458 today, and already there’s a new issue to look forward to! 😉

Participant

We do our best!

Glad you like it folks 🙂

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    Participant

John,

I renewed my subscription today. I like reading the magazine and still like a paper copy.

But what I noticed:

2021: 92 GBP
    2020: 72 GBP
    2019: 66 GBP

That’s quite a price increase! Any context?

Participant

Thanks for your continued support Phil. Pricing (along with things like advertising) are outside of my role

It’s a tough world at the moment for print media, I do know that!

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.