Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket Minifigs S range..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Spectator

Hello everyone

Does anyone have the list of complete references of the S range of Minifigs for the war of 1870 -1871 ?

Thank you

Keymaster

<I have deleted a reply that mentioned a company that sells re-cast models>

Spectator

A company that sells re-cast models? And it does not have the right?

Participant

Michael

John, who produces the Minifigs S Range has permission to cast the figures from Minifigs and has been producing the figures for a while.

They are listed as recasts, because that is what they are – he doesn’t have the original moulds and masters (as Minifigs dumped them in the 1970s) and they are cast from production copies…  It is a term from the Toy Soldier indusry…

Mike

Keymaster

Ah-ha, thank you.
    My apologies then.

I would have thought some mention of produced under license or with permission would remove any ambiguity, as the term re-cast has some very negative connotations otherwise?

Seems odd though as some of my buildings are cast from production casts, the original mould being worn out and the original master broken, but I would not think to call them re-casts.

Every day a school day eh?

Spectator

If someone knows where to find figures of the Range of Minifigs, let him contact me …Thank you.

Participant

If you are looking for “S” Range Minifigs, they do come up occasionally on eBay (or perhaps even on here!).  Otherwise, can I suggest you contact the “Lone S Ranger” – who is very helpful and always keen to help a fellow-enthusiast – and he should be able to point you in the right(ish) direction.

http://minifigssrange.blogspot.co.uk/

Spectator

Ok thank you I will try …By cons the e-mail address given on the blog does not work or I copy it wrong? Can you give it to me to verify? Thank you.

Participant

Are you talking about the separate email address that he gives on the right hand side?  If so, I’ve tried it and it doesn’t seem to get through to him.

I’ve got a friend who is passing my personal email address to him (his name is Clive, btw) and once that happens, I’ll direct him here.

Spectator

Yes I’m talking about the e-mail address that is given on the right hand side…

I’ve tried it and it does not seem to get through to him.

Please you can ask my e-mail address to Mike the editor of the wargames website and send the personal email address of Clive to me to avoid putting it on the forum?

Thank you.

Keymaster

If you want someone to know your e-mail please either post it here or use the PM service.

I am not going to act as a free messenger service for people when others pay for the PM service, that would simply be unfair to them.

Spectator

Brendan If your buddy comes to contact ‘John Cunningham’, he will have to ask him for answers to the e-mails he received on his address (the e-mail address on the right hand side of his Website  … )

Thank you in advance Brendan .

Participant

Paskal – I’ve emailed him and asked him to drop in here and talk to you directly.  You can make whatever arrangements are appropriate to both of you.

Cheers,

Brendan

Participant

If you want someone to know your e-mail please either post it here or use the PM service. I am not going to act as a free messenger service for people when others pay for the PM service, that would simply be unfair to them.

Didn’t know TWW had a PM function. How’s that work then?

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Spectator

Did you send him an e-mail? To whom? To your friend or the owner of the address found on the site?

Participant

He’s one and the same.

Spectator

You told him he had emails on the address that is on his site (the e-mail address on the right hand side of his Website … ) ?

Spectator

Hi Brendan

A long time ago now that I sent my order to John Cunningham and no replies since ?

Since my first contact with him, I only had two replies from him?

Please if you can contact him ask him for me if he received my order and why he did not answer me or if he did not receive anything, that John contact me urgently…

Thank you for your Help …

Paskal

Participant

What scale are these S range figures ?  20mm or smallish 25mm that can be used with 1:72 or 20mm figures ?

Participant

The Minifigs S range are small, ‘one inch’ 25mm figures. Some modern 1/72 figures approach 23 or 24mm, but metal figures are usually bulkier than plastic. It’s a matter of taste, but I wouldn’t mix S range figs with 20mm, the difference would be visible.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.