Home Forums WWI Mk IV beutepanzer

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Abwehrschlacht Abwehrschlacht 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    deephorse
    deephorse
    Participant

Last year I bought a copy of PSC’s ‘The Great War’ boardgame.  We’ve really enjoyed playing it and have had a lot of fun from it, so much so that I also bought the Tank expansion and expect delivery of the French expansion Kickstarter in June.

The models in the Tank expansion are pretty good (apart from the all too fragile gun barrels) but there are a couple of issues with it.  First, some of the scenarios require more models than the expansion gives you, and second, some scenarios require the Germans to field captured British Mk IVs which are to be portrayed by British tanks with a German cross counter on them!

I bought the necessary extra tanks and really wanted to have my beutepanzer stand out from the British ones and so, after a little research, produced these;

Mk IV beutepanzer

An original British Mk IV is on the right.

Of course I now need to give the Brits a coat of paint to bring them up to scratch, but I’ll probably wait until after the French tanks have arrived.  I’m looking forward to painting those.

Wargamers - successfully driving the fun out of wargaming since 1780

Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

They look really nice.  Are the rules similar to Memoir 44?

deephorse
    deephorse
    Participant

Thanks.  I’ve not played Memoir ‘44 so I’m afraid that I cannot say.  It’s the same designer, of course, and I know that some of his other games have similar mechanics, so it’s possible.

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Great looking paint jobs!

deephorse
    deephorse
    Participant

Thanks.  The tank in the foreground is painted using MIGs WWI British & German paint set.  When finished the colours looked far too bright, but a couple of MIG washes toned them down a lot.  The tank at the rear was done with standard Vellejo colours finished with the same washes.  The tanks work out at 1/100 scale.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by deephorse deephorse.

Abwehrschlacht
    Abwehrschlacht
    Participant

Excellent work, I love a good Beute Panzer.

As for the rules, yes, they are similar to Memoir ’44, another good Richard Borg game.

http://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.