Home Forums Modern Modern Cuties

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

I painted up my first modern Cutie vehicles. ๐Ÿ™‚

More pics and stuff on the blog. ๐Ÿ™‚

http://crazywargames.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/modern-vehicles.html

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Crazy! ย I had no idea they had “super-deformed” modern stuff!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

kyoteblue
    Participant

Cool just the thing for Team Cutie !!!

Mr. Average
    Participant

I have only two questions: Where did you get them? And give them to me!

Those are super-amazing and totally awesome!

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Thanks for the positive reactions, I always worry people will just point and laugh. ๐Ÿ™‚

This is the UK supplier I found

http://www.partystuff4u.co.uk/node/1038

They need a little bit of work with green stuff to be usable, mainly on the underside where it doesn’t show too much. The IFV turret is one I made myself, and the dark green tank has the turret which comes with the hull that I used as the IFV put onto the hull that comes with the SPAA. They are all on 40mm x 50mm bases, which should give you some idea of what size they are.

My main task now is make an IFV for the dark green army (lots more to do, but that’s the one that might give me problems). Still, easier to design one vehicle myself than half a dozen. ๐Ÿ™‚

Just Jack
    Participant

Vicki,

Fantastic!ย  And don’t worry, I only point and laugh at Kyote, which is actually pronounced “Cutie,” so “Team Cutie” is actually already taken ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know you bought some of this stuff, but you’ve got quite some talent in this, very cool.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Now now Jack, just cause I’m playing Battlefront’s Team Yankee game, doesn’t mean it’s not a real war game….wink wink.

Oh and Victoria I post pictures on Facebook as I’m old and my google fu is old. ย  I’m Jonathan Keepers on Facebook and live in Oklahoma USA.

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Thanks Kyote. ๐Ÿ™‚

I started work on the APC for the ‘Western’ army, I decided the easiest option was a sort of M113 with an ATGW.

The idea will be to cast this in resin when it’s done. I have a load of spare ATGW thingies to use on these, so I won’t need to bother about making those. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m currently undecided on whether to use my remaining T34 models as second line tanks for the ‘Eastern’ army, one of them is already allocated to being the hull of their SPAA. Artillery for both sides will be sort-of-katyushas, because I have a truck and halftrack model available and want to use them for something. ๐Ÿ™‚

kyoteblue
    Participant

Oh I like that M-113 !!! ย I look forward to seeing what else you come up with !!!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Victoria D:

These modern Cuties are awesome! I love the Gepard SPAA, it’s sensational. The only one that confuses me is the Cutie Soviet tank in light green after the BMP, which does not look like a charicature of any Soviet tank I can recall. It looks more like an M-60 than anything else. But all of them are lovely. Well done Victoria! Will we see them in action anytime soon?

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

The ‘Soviet’ tank is actually a Japanese T74, but it’s close enough for my purposes. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think you should be seeing them in action soon, I don’t want to offer any hostages to fortune but I’d expect an AAR of a small game with them in about a weeks time.

I decided to shorten the M113 I’m making to make it fit in better with the other models, I felt the profile was too realistic (not previously an issue with anything I’ve made lol).

It was a simple case of cutting a section out to remove one road wheel. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mr. Average
    Participant

I think I’ve put my finger on it – Advance Wars. These look like Advance Wars!

Rhoderic
    Participant

I think Iโ€™ve put my finger on it โ€“ Advance Wars. These look like Advance Wars!

That’s what I said! (in the other thread)ย 

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Yeah, Advance Wars or Great Big Wargame, both of which I have spent way too much time playing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Which reminds me, I really ought to do a navy too…

willz
    Participant

Very nice models Victoria, thanks for sharing.

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Some more progress om the M113.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Looks good !

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

My first casting of the M113, it needs the tracks fixed a bit with Green Stuff but I’m quite pleased with it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>ย They are so nice! I liked them.</p>

contact me via : [email protected]
    http://www.sayinermicrotoys.com/

kyoteblue
    Participant

Very very cool !!!!

B6GOBOS
    Participant

Well done!

Mr. Average
    Participant

I have to admit this has got my mind on chibi minis for gaming. In particular I’m thinking of the Flytrap “Warpod” line, which may or may not be abandoned, now, but there are others out there for sure! Love the aesthetic you’re generating and that APC is tops!

Rhoderic
    Participant

I have to admit this has got my mind on chibi minis for gaming. In particular Iโ€™m thinking of the Flytrap โ€œWarpodโ€ line, which may or may not be abandoned, now, but there are others out there for sure! Love the aesthetic youโ€™re generating and that APC is tops!

I would love chibi mechs in the style of the original Front Mission game, myself. I know DP9 has released a few chibi Gears lately, but they’re way too expensive and maybe a bitย too super-deformed.

I wonder if scratchbuilding, moulding and drop-casting multi-part chibi mechs might be within my capabilities…

Mr. Average
    Participant

Right?!ย  Unexplored territory!ย  But it’s like the Quar – they’re so NOT-real, that having wargames with them is that much easier!

For example: https://www.facebook.com/STUDIODAVIUSS/

Or: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/forpost?s=0&section=1%2F100+scale+vehicles+%2815mm%29

Not cheap, exactly, but like…

Anyway.

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Some more vehicles and infantry completed, should do a test game tomorrow then see if I can do an AAR. ๐Ÿ™‚

A Kyuteyusha.

Infantry being transported.

A Bunny APC.

A Thumper MLRS.

More pics on the blog

http://crazywargames.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/more-modern-pics.html

kyoteblue
    Participant

Wowzer !!! That is great fast work !!!! Love the look and creativity of all this !!!!

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

These are so nice, I think my favorite cuties so far. Smashing work Victoria ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree with the general sentiment of Chibi, and mechs in particular. I might have something to show in that department soon..

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

I’ve posted about my rule changes to Tank on Tank on my blog, along with a link to the official rules and the stats for my Cuties.

http://crazywargames.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/rule-changes-and-scenario.html

All set for my first game tonight. ๐Ÿ™‚

McKinstry
    Participant

Brilliant as usual. Can’t wait to see the AAR.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

AAR of my first game on my blog now. ๐Ÿ™‚

http://crazywargames.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/testing-rules.html

I love Tank on Tank. ๐Ÿ™‚

kyoteblue
    Participant

Woo Hoo !!! A fun AAR ย thanks Victoria !!! I look forward to your next one !!!

McKinstry
    Participant

Well done. Great AAR and I do love those ATGM teams.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.