Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy Monsters In Five Leagues?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Coyotepunc 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Coyotepunc
    Participant

Hi Ivan!

I was wondering if any of the current expansions for Five Leagues From The Borderlands (Dark Woods Of Winter, Hope Of Glory, or The Goblin Hills) included any rules for large monsters? My Glorantha/Runequest-themed gamed could use some guidelines for larger Chaos nasties, crazy cattle, Jack O’ Bears, giants, Walktapi, etc in scenario building.

Thank you for any guidance ๐Ÿ˜‰

I gotta post in english? With all those awesome games out there with foreign language titles? C'est la vie!

Coyotepunc
    Participant

Or, you know, aย Five Parsecs supplement that has big scary alien monsters…

I gotta post in english? With all those awesome games out there with foreign language titles? C'est la vie!

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Well, at that rate, I’d have to write rules for becoming a Sword of Humakt ๐Ÿ™‚

Nothing off the top of my mind, but give me this weekend and I’ll see what I can suss out.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://sites.google.com/site/nordicweaselgames/

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Sounds good.

Coyotepunc
    Participant

After some thought, I think the following might be a way to create a single “big” monster as an encounter instead of one of the group encounters from the table given in the main rules. This generates a profile randomly, and uses the “Hit Points” rule from page 10 of the Five Parsecs Compendium.

Speed: d6+3

Combat Skill: +d3

Toughness: d3+2

Armor: d3-2

Hit Points: d6+3

Notes: Monster, ignore Morale dice

Thoughts?

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Looks pretty solid, though I’d probably make Toughness a D3+3 instead and lower Speed to D3+3 to make it a bit more lumbering.

Would be tempting to have a short list of “monster abilities” to add to it. Hmmmm

Nordic Weasel Games

Coyotepunc
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hmmm… I’ll try the basic thing with your edits, I will think on monstrous abilities after this seems to work well on it’s own.</p>
    Now, to build a walktapus…

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

I am tinkering with something. Do you mind if I borrow or adapt this?

Nordic Weasel Games

Coyotepunc
    Participant

I am tinkering with something. Do you mind if I borrow or adapt this?

I, Harry Kruger, do hereby grant full legal permission to Ivan Sorensen to use any ideas I present for Five Leagues From The Borderlands in his commercial and personal projects and products for that game. If he so desires, he may give me some form of name credit in said projects or products, but this is not required.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.