Home Forums General Blogs More Anglo Danes/I’m back! – UPDATED 24/04/2022

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hideyoshi
    Participant

Some how, somewhere I have managed to find the strength to start getting back into my painting. As I have mentioned before I am battling real demons in terms of mental health and it is no exaggeration that it took a heck of a lot of effort and determination to pick up the brushes again!

This post is both a small celebration and a reminder that it can be done. Are the miniatures painted to the exact same standard as the last unit of Anglo Danes I managed to paint up? Probably not. I am still feeling a little tentative with my brush work to add borders to the tunics and shirts but that will come back with a little time. I have left these unvarnished for now as I’m hoping, as I get back my confidence with the brush I will be able to add patters to the borders with my usual skill.

More pictures from various angles of the mini’s can be found on my Just Add Water Blog here:
    http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2022/04/anglo-danesim-back.html

The next batch of six!

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Well worth the struggle – a great collection.

My favourite has to be the Dane axe with the brown cloak in the third picture – really dynamic pose and you have caught the highlights just right.

Fret not if you cannot match what you used to do – it’s great to see these and remember that you have completed a set of figures I would be proud to have on my table.

Step by step, rest when needed and take joy in the little victories – you are not alone in your struggles and not all days will be good BUT you WILL get good times even if it does not feel like it when you get up. PM if you feel the need.

Hideyoshi
    Participant

Well worth the struggle – a great collection. My favourite has to be the Dane axe with the brown cloak in the third picture – really dynamic pose and you have caught the highlights just right.

Thank you Andrew.

Fret not if you cannot match what you used to do – it’s great to see these and remember that you have completed a set of figures I would be proud to have on my table. Step by step, rest when needed and take joy in the little victories – you are not alone in your struggles and not all days will be good BUT you WILL get good times even if it does not feel like it when you get up. PM if you feel the need.

I’m getting quality therapy but it still seems like one step forward and two back as opposed to two forward and one back. SARS CoV 2 has completely changed my life and not for the better.

One one hand I’m so desperate to get back to shows, to putting on display games, to even getting to the club. But on the other, there’s an absolute dread that I would be putting my life in real danger. If someone had told me two years ago that things would still be the same, I would have laughed!

kyoteblue
    Participant

They look great, thanks for sharing them with us.

Hideyoshi
    Participant

They look great, thanks for sharing them with us.

Thanks kyoteblue 🙂

Oh no….
    Participant

Lovely painting, I love the beastie on the kite shield.

it sounds like you’re on the up so don’t try and do too much in one go. Batches of six would seem a good call.

Take care now.

Hideyoshi
    Participant

Lovely painting, I love the beastie on the kite shield. it sounds like you’re on the up so don’t try and do too much in one go. Batches of six would seem a good call. Take care now.

Cheers Oh no….. batches of 6 is about all I can manage at the mo’

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.