Home Forums General Blogs More Improvements to Must Contain Minis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Stauttener
    Participant

Lately I have been doing my best to continuously improve my website (Must Contain Minis).

Recently, I’ve been putting a lot of effort into YouTube videos in addition to written posts. The new opening page now emphasizes both types of formats equally. Please come on over and check it out.

Constructive comments and criticism are welcome.

You can find the site at..
    https://mustcontainminis.com/

Check out my gaming blog about Indy and Historical Games

Tony S
    Participant

This is just my opinion and my own personal taste, but for reviews I tend to like reading posts and photos, rather than watching a video.   Random access versus sequential access.   I can quickly skim an article to see if it’s worth reading, but with a video – even fast forwarding – the process is more awkward and slower for me.  I can also read an article much faster than sitting through a long video.

Now, I know your videos are short and to the point, so it’s not as bad as most out there!

That said, I absolutely love watching any and all videos of game replays from Little Wars TV.   I like them because miniature wargaming is visual, so videos are ideal.  (Lest anyone accuses me of hypocrisy, I said I prefer articles over videos for reviews, or other informationally dense purposes, like rules or history).

They also edit their videos.  They may be amateurs, but obviously quite talented amateurs.   I don’t need to see every die roll, nor watch the generals suck their teeth and dither whilst planning the next turn.   And again, you’re already very focused and brief in your articles and the videos that I have watched of yours, so I’m not levelling that criticism at you Jacob!

All that said, I know lots of people like long long videos that they can play while painting (I tend to use podcasts for my painting sessions) and others do really like review videos, perhaps because you certainly get a better view of the products than with a few static photos.

You can’t please everyone, but you asked for constructive criticism!   And I for one certainly enjoy visiting your page regularly.

Jacob Stauttener
    Participant

Thank you so much for all of the feedback Tony!  I really appreciate it!

Check out my gaming blog about Indy and Historical Games

I agree with Tony on this one!

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Steven Francis
    Participant

Just throwing in the same view as Tony. Personally I will read over both videos and podcast, but I suspect part iPod it is that mind set of YouTube not really being much good (and just filled with kittens) and video being a passive medium. I will always play a computer game over watching TV or a film as they are more engaging to my mind, and read makes me feel I am doing something. All very subjective points!

I have watched a few things recently like a few painting vids by the likes of Duncan Rhodes, and a few channels show some interest on scenery building but I still would rather have a written article and photos.

But make the content the way you want to…that way you will enjoy doing it and can get the most out of it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.