Home Forums WWII Moscow 1941 (boardgame)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have put a write up of the S&T Moscow 1941 up on my blog.

Link
    http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2019/07/moscow-1941-s-317-by-decision-games.html

Participant

For a moment I thought this might have been the game that introduced me to S&T boardgames some one thousand years ago!  But it isn’t.  That was ‘The Moscow Campaign’ from 1972.  When was ‘Moscow 1941’ published Norm?

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Participant

When was ‘Moscow 1941’ published Norm?

Recently, going by the S&T issue number.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

So who brought S&T back from the dead, or did it never go away?  I know that I lost part of my subscription when it disappeared in the UK many moons ago.

#317 was sent to subscribers on 17 May this year it seems.  I wonder if the games are any better than they used to be ‘back in the day’?  They published some good ones, but they also produced some complete dogs.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Participant

Decision Games are running S&T now, together with two other mags, one specifically modern and the other specifically WWII. I can remember in the late 70’s circulation was something like 35,000 copies, but it massively fell off over subsequent years, but has continued in print uninterrupted throughout. It went through a patch of gaining a reputation for under-development / excess errata, but I think it has since come out of the other side of that. This (the latest issue) is my first S&T for years and I am impressed enough to take an interest in the line again and will look out for future titles.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.