Home Forums General Blogs My 2022 roundup of “Life, Golf, Miniatures, and Other Distractions”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My 2022 roundup of “Life, Golf, Miniatures, and Other Distractions” (my blog)

2022 Hobby & Blogging Update

Mark A. Morin

Participant

Well I’d say you’d had a pretty good year there Mark! I have complete envy for the converted garage, which looks superb. Golf, not my thing at all, but you obviously enjoy it which is the most important thing. Keep up the good work and hope you and your wife have a great 2023!

Participant

You seem quite well organized – I actually started a list of the projects that I’m thinking of, or have already collected and are in varying stages of completion in my eargaming journal at the beginning of the year.

It got a bit depressing seeing the length of it.  Especially when at idle times at work I’d remember another ancient project that wasn’t on the list.  Ah well, perhaps when I manage to retire like yourself, especially since I don’t golf maybe I’ll have the time?

Glad to see you’re still inspired to do more in your Mesoamerican projects.  Can’t wait to see more!

Participant

Very impressive – not sure playing the good lady at golf is a good move though!

Have a great 2023.

Participant

Well I’d say you’d had a pretty good year there Mark! I have complete envy for the converted garage, which looks superb. Golf, not my thing at all, but you obviously enjoy it which is the most important thing. Keep up the good work and hope you and your wife have a great 2023!

Thanks Steve!

Mark A. Morin

Participant

You seem quite well organized – I actually started a list of the projects that I’m thinking of, or have already collected and are in varying stages of completion in my eargaming journal at the beginning of the year. It got a bit depressing seeing the length of it. Especially when at idle times at work I’d remember another ancient project that wasn’t on the list. Ah well, perhaps when I manage to retire like yourself, especially since I don’t golf maybe I’ll have the time? Glad to see you’re still inspired to do more in your Mesoamerican projects. Can’t wait to see more!

Thanks Tony.  Indeed, I do enjoy the planning process – I do live by the adage that if everything is a priority then nothing is – plus if I run a game and it’s below my expectations – I feel horrible.  I do know many hobbyists that have a lot pf projects going simultaneously – and I do but they are all in the same genre (like Wars of Ozz now).  I will detour to build some jungle terrain for the Maya, and to prepare for gaming conventions to which I have committed myself for several Mesoamerican games.  And golf will return in the spring to compete with my projects – and that’s ok.  I will say that in retirement the days seem to fly by – and there is never enough time to do all I want.  How I got anything done while working is amazing to me now!

Mark A. Morin

Participant

Very impressive – not sure playing the good lady at golf is a good move though! Have a great 2023.

I have found that having her mildly interested in golf frees me up to play MORE golf!  A shame gaming doesn’t work the same way!  Thanks Andrew.

Mark A. Morin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.