Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi My adventures into Cult TV

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Harrop
    Participant

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but General Sci Fi seems as good a place as any.

Here I’ll chronicle my painting of Crooked Dice miniatures for Doctor Who, other cult TV and 1970s based miniatures. It’s a step away from my first love 6mm but a welcomed distraction.
    These were an experiment in changing my painting style. I’ve always painted all of the basecoats on a figure slapped on a brown wash over everything and then re highlighted everything, but with these I’ve been practicing painting each area with a Basecoat, a selective shade and highlights using a lot of Matt varnish mixed into my paints to smooth transitions.
    First up Captain Jack Harkness

Donna Noble

Martha Jones

Amy Pond

Rory Williams

Next up some figures for Cult TV gaming
    Number 6 aka Dangerman

Ed Straker of S.H.A.D.O.

And finally four generic villains
    A corrupt industrialist

His strongarm enforcer

A radioactive man caught in a failed experiment

And a Kung Fu master who sells his services as bodyguard to whoever can afford his price

I’ll continue to add things here as I paint them up. Next on the painting table are Number 2, a generic resident from The Village, River Song, The 7th Doctor, Dorothy “Ace” McShane, Benny Summerfield (from the Doctor Who Virgin NA novels), Nick Fury and a Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle.

"This lighthouse is under attack, and by morning we may all be dead!" The 4th Doctor - Horror of Fang Rock

Mike
    Keymaster

TV-Tastic!

irishserb
    Participant

Very nice, I look forward to seeing more.

Mike Harrop
    Participant

The varnish has just dried on these guys, Nick Fury agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Dorothy Gale McShane (Ace) and Prof. Bernice Summerfield (the Lisa Bowerman version)

Mike

"This lighthouse is under attack, and by morning we may all be dead!" The 4th Doctor - Horror of Fang Rock

Mike Harrop
    Participant

I’ve now made a backdrop to take photos against while I get on with terrain making, the wall was supposed to be brick but I misplaced my brick styrene. It’ll do for taking a few photos though.

Here are a few residents of “The Village”

Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.