Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi My attempt at making 3mm Ogre's/BOLO's

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Who doesn’t like huge tanks with AI-brains? I know I do, so I set out to make one each for my 3mm CSA and OC, respectively.

With my latest order from brigade I got a couple of tanks that I thought to use for a base, sadly I have no photos of them pre-conversion, but here’s a few of my Mk I’s all finished:

My Mk I, straight from the New Hamburg factories. With a 500mm cannon in the front, eight missile tubes in the back and another eight turrets all around, it packs a wallop!

Here it is with a Chevalier MBT, the standard tank of the CSA for scale.

Having been tipped off to the CSA’s order for a cyber tank, obviously the OC had to secure one via their mysterious benefactors.

These photos were forwarded to CSA central intelligence as soon as their assets in the field had gotten ahold of them. Here we see the OC Mk I next to one of their MBT’s on it’s way back from field testing.

The war in the colonies are escalating, that’s for sure.

This means that soon I’ll be able to put on a game of Laserstorm with my 3mm armies, as all the units are completed, for now.

On the blog there are a few more images as usual:

http://lasersandbroadswords.blogspot.com/2015/10/my-first-attempt-at-converting-3mm.html

Thanks!

Thaddeus BlanchetteThaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Those Ogres are wonderful! I take it that they were originally Neo-Soviet tanks?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Thanks Thaddeus!

They are indeed, Neo-Sov Mech Tank Hunters are the original piece.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Those are superb! I have a feeling that the GHQ T28 and Tortiose would be very good base units along similar lines! Very cool!

Thaddeus BlanchetteThaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Yeah, the Tortiose is one O have been looking at myself.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Cheers Mr Average, the Tortoise is a great find for more BOLOs ๐Ÿ™‚

I’d love to see your take on one Thaddeus ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.