Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy My Frostgrave Warband

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DavyJones
    Participant

Today I want to show you my warband for Frostgrave.

For more information and images, please visit my blog.

I am pretty happy with the results. What do you think? Let me know in the comments.

Mike
    Keymaster

Does look good and the lack of need for a lot of figures is nice.
    Do you have any game reports that give an indication as to how it plays?

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Very nice work – I love the wizard!

DavyJones
    Participant

@Mike: Personally, I didn’t write any battle reports. I plan to do so since months, but I get way too excited when playing, so I forget to make pictures and stuff. 

But here are two battle reports from to others blogs:

Very detailed AAR

Another good AAR

I hope they give you some insights about Frostgrave. It is more a beer and pretzels game. But I like it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by DavyJones.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by DavyJones.
    Mike
    Keymaster

It is more a beer and pretzels game. But I like it.

Sounds like my cup of tea!
    Are spellcasters critical to the premise of the game and mechanics?

DavyJones
    Participant

Are spellcasters critical to the premise of the game and mechanics?

Yes. The wizard and the apprentice are pretty much your two main characters. Especially the wizard is really powerful when played correctly. Nonetheless, you have to protect your spellcasters, because the D20 dice mechanic can be pretty hard and even a wizard can die pretty fast.  So you need your other figures (thugs, soldiers,…) to protect your spellcasters, collect treasure and so on. The Spellcasters, on the other hand, have some spells to support your other characters. For example Fleet Feet, which gives the target +2 movement until the end of the game.  Pretty nice, when a thug has to run off the table with a treasure token for example.
    William Minsinger
    Participant

As a note, if you like Frostgrave but don’t want wizards to be central to the game there’s a new ‘companion’ game coming out this year called Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago which takes the concept and rules but moves the action to a mysterious island chain and replaces wizards with ‘Heritors’ which are heroes calling on the powers of their ancestral bloodlines.

Great work on the warband; one of the fun things about the Frostgrave game and community is seeing all of the ways folks make the warbands their own and how easy it is to through together a warband with odds and ends from the model bin.

-Will

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.