Home Forums General General My New Project for 2018

This topic contains 47 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by kyoteblue kyoteblue 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Just Jack
    Participant

cmnash – Damn man, that’s a good question…  Are you talking about Hakuna-Matata Wars, or just 3mm in general?  I bought the “Rommel” rules and I’m looking at doing some 3mm North Africa at some point.  Hakuna-Matata has sort of run out of steam due to my plethora of projects…

Kyote – Glad you’re ship came in.  I always liked those Battlefront river mats, but so damn expensive…

No blog update this evening, but I’m making progress on the infantry. US troops are painted, Soviets almost, then have to wash and flock both.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

I got two of the Cigar Box Battle Mats, via Dakota Miniatures. They were on sale so I took a chance on them, kinda disappointed the dye didn’t get all the way down into the fibers so the white blanket shows through.  Live and learn.

Get anything done, Jack?

Just Jack
    Participant

All,

Well, it’s been quiet here on the blog the past couple days, but I’ve been slaving away on my Wolverines project. Lots of painting, washing, and flocking over the past three days has seen my complete all the infantry bases (as well as the Soviet heavy mortar platoon and AA gun, which are not self-propelled). I’m also making steady progress on the vehicles, though I noticed I may not have enough of my dark tone wash to do all the vehicles once the painting is completed, so I put in a quick order to The Warstore (went in for a box of the new Battlefront Team Yankee LAV-25s!). Anyway, here’s where we’re at.

The whole mess: assorted hobby implements at top left and top center, a box of my boys’ 54mm plastic army-men at top right, then the project. All the vehicles are at left (olive drab is US, medium green is Soviet), Soviet infantry at right, and US infantry at bottom right.

To see more pics, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2018/01/infantry-complete-vehicles-on-way.html

Here you go John!

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Looks excellent Jack!  Joyce said I should get some fabric dye and see if it helps out the CB mats.

Just Jack
    Participant

All,

I’ve been pushing as hard as I can on this, and my Cold War “Wolverines” project is complete. Well, almost. The 10mm Pendraken lead portion of this project, which comprises about 97.5% of the total, is now complete, with but a couple more items begging for attention. Yesterday I showed you I had completed the infantry, and I worked quite a bit last night and today to get the vehicles knocked out. I am happy to report, they are ready for the table! Here are a few pics; these are just teaser pics, documenting my project status. Soon I will post a bunch more pics, nice close-ups, like I normally do, just need to carve out a little time, and a little sun wouldn’t hurt, too. I should be able to totally complete this project in time to start the war next weekend, so stay tuned!

A closer look at the vehicles, US at left, Soviets at right. Each side has a tank company, a mechanized infantry company, a recon platoon, a mortar platoon, a tank destroyer platoon, an AA gun, and a battalion commander. To see more pics, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2018/01/pendraken-cold-war-order-is-complete.html

Sorry, John, I don’t really know anything about dyeing terrain mats, but hope it works out.

That’s all for now. I’ll get close ups of all the gear posted ASAP, and I have a few modern skirmish fights to post over on my Cuba Libre blog.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

I like the way those turned out the washes helped to pick out the details on them.

I got more painted Pike Shotte and Horse figures back from my painter so I have a new army for my Swedes to fight.

Just Jack
    Participant

All,

No games this weekend, but I’ve made some progress on a couple projects, though neither are ready for the table. In any case, I’m waiting for the Super Bowl to start and figured I’d post an update.

Yep, there’s my progress. My Soviet aircraft for Wolverines, and, because I have utterly no self control, another new project… If you want to see what’s in the box, you’re gonna have to check the blog:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2018/02/some-progress-but-not-there-yet.html

These new projects have got to stop. Or at least slow down. Right? I need help; hello, my name is Jack, and I’m a wargame-aholic…

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

You are Mad Jack, 10 mm again!! I do like the planes and I have had good luck with using Silly Putty instead of Blue Tack to mask metal resin and plastic. It’s a buck and egg from Dollar Tree!  I’ve been working on Conan and wolves to playtest Mike’s  new rules. I also gifted my friend Kenneth with a copy of The Pikeman’s Lament rules to see if he likes them, if so it’s back to 1636!!

Oh and Happy sport balls! I’ll be watching Victoria on PBS!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.