Home Forums Modern My No End in Sight campaign setting

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    shelldrake
    Participant

I now have a QRF M1A1 Abrams and a T-55 for the game:

The flash is preventing the detail from showing up 🙁

Now to clean them up and glue them together.

Photos with minis next to them once they are built.

I also purchased some “Embossed Polythene Dampcourse” to make roads for my game.  One roll of it (110mm x 30 m) cost $5.40 after a 10% discount, so I can make plenty of roads. I might even paint some blue to make rivers if it works out out.  I have no idea if the stuff will do the job I want, but the price was right and I could be on to a winner.  Photos to come if it works.

Spurious
    Participant

The Flash is preventing the detail from showing up

He can be cheeky like that.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Spurious.
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Ah I see what you did there…

shelldrake
    Participant

And this is why we can’t have nice things…

kyoteblue
    Participant

Oh My.

shelldrake
    Participant

Ok, I have had these photos for a few weeks now, but real life got in the way, so my apologies for not posting sooner:

The figures are all 15mm, but with a 2mm base, they look a bit taller against the vehicles than they should.

First up are photos of the QRF BTR-60 (unpainted) with figures next to them for size comparison:

The QRF T-55:

And the QRF M1A1:

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Looks pretty solid. Thank you so much!

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

kyoteblue
    Participant

Those look good.  Yeah yeah I need a camera…

Phil Gray
    Participant

Coming to this very late, but have you read Larry Bond’s “Red Phoenix”?

Granted, it was written a long time ago when there was a different Kim in NK and there was a glasnost’ish Soviet Union in play, but I feel the basic premises of the book could still hod water today:

SK domestic politics, US economic troubles, post soviet Putin-esque muscle flexing are all still players in the game. The US and AUS forces just happen to be the closest available FW types able to commit, – SK politics and the lack of a UN endorsement would make commitment of the Japanese SDF difficult, were it constitutionally possible to do so…

Sand, not oil, in the gears of the world.

shelldrake
    Participant

Cheers Phil – yep, I own a copy of ‘Red Phoenix’, and in fact suggested it to another war gamer in a thread on this site

Given Japanese politics at the moment, it wouldn’t be hard at all to include Japanese forces, as Mr Abe is looking to change the constitution in regards to the JSDF. The only trouble with including the JSDF is that no one makes them in 15mm. Eureka Miniatures made a handful in 28mm, but not 15mm.

I also mused over other enemies, including an invasion of Australia on my blog yesterday: http://shelldrakewargames.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/the-reckoning-day-australia-fell.html

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.