Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi My (not so) secret Ma.K obsession

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Thomaston 1 hour, 26 minutes ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Soooo, I’ve mentioned my Ma.K stuff a few times, but here’s a pic of what I’ve worked up in 6mm in 3d for the SAFS Mk1 and Raccoons.

6mm SAFS

12 poses for the SAFS and 6 for the Raccoon (including some with Panzerfaust).  Not sure if I will do SAFmkIII and Raptors yet, we will have to see how these print up.  But the Krote, PaK Krote and AFSmkII are done and am almost done with the PKA, Gustav and Konrad.  Also have some Sandstalkers and Dollhouse in various stages of completion.  Lots more to do!  Photos will arrive as they are done.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

Good news!

find me
    www.iliadagamestudio.com
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/iliadagamestudio/
    [email protected]

Mr. Average
    Participant

Would also like to see SDR ones – like Melusine PzKpa. Suits.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Can we get these in 3mm, too?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

jagannath
    Participant

Dude – they’re beautiful!

Thomaston
    Participant

These are nice, looks accurate as well.

@Thaddeus
    I want 3mm as well but I doubt the ankle and elbow joints will survive handling.

Tired is enough.

Thuseld
    Thuseld
    Participant

Oh great, another thing to have to spend my money on. Those are absolutely stunning.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Would also like to see SDR ones – like Melusine PzKpa. Suits.

Oh yes, will get there eventually.  I have scribbled a horrible little set of rules for myself based on the old TCI SF3D boardgames (since those stats are “official”) and I am starting with the shared and early designs first, then will move later into the timeline.  So, no Mel or Raptors or SturmKampfers for a while yet.

Oh great, another thing to have to spend my money on. Those are absolutely stunning.

Thanks man!  Won’t be able to sell them due to IP (and I do respect Mr Yokoyama very much), so just for personal use (if they even print!).

These are nice, looks accurate as well.

Have tried very hard to keep them as accurate as I can without overdoing it but also making them detail readable.  In truth, they (especially the AFS) are way too chunky.  The Krote’s legs are waaaay thicker than scale will allow, but no other way to keep them from snapping when you breath on them…  The vehicles will be much easier to keep to scale.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Damn shame, but one doesn’t want to infringe on others’ property. My own deep affection for Yokoyama’s work is pretty obvious in my comics.

The old TCI rules are actually pretty good, to be honest – and they point up the idea of a single suit being more than the equal of a tank. Would be interested to see what you do with lesser known units from SF3D, like the Ravin or Y-15 tank.

Mr. Average
    Participant

You may also find this site useful, if you haven’t seen it already:

http://futchfactor.com/resources/sf3dgaming/

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Oh yes, I know that site well.  It’s what helped me stat up a lot of units (as it has that nice table as well as the dates when things are introduced!)  And it’s great that the rules can be found in a single PDF for both editions.

For the Ravin, Seduce, and Makel I will use some of my DS 6mm stuff (though the Makel will be played by a 4-wheeler I am going to release soon), but the Y-15/PzKw-182 will be the same (new) design with slightly different turrets.  Then I can do 2 new turrets to get the Dollhouse R and AA, and use the DHAA turret for the Green Buffalo!  (and wouldn’t you know I already have the guns on the Venturian AA tank, so another easy thing down!)

I’m actually kind of excited about doing a Schenkle, I had one in 1/76 at one point but traded it for a power head for a marine aquarium I had at the time.  Regerts I do have…  It won’t be able to do much as time evolves in the campaign, but it’ll look cool!

Mr. Average
    Participant

I find a decent Y-15 proxy is had by putting an M60A2 “Starship” tank turret on an M26 Super Pershing tank hull.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I could totally see that working!

The DH is supposed to take the Y-15 hull and widen it for the rocket turret, but that’s a bit too much work for me…

Also, will probably be a real heretic and make my 232 Sandstalker with a symmetrical hull rather than the offset turret.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

So here’s an early version of the Krote and Pak Krote with WIP PKA and multi-sides of the AFSmkII.  Since this was done I’ve made the AFS a little less chunky, and done a long-barrel version of the PakKrote.  The back of the head is totally different for the 2 versions, wish I had taken a shot of that at the time.  I”ll get a better image in a week or so when I get back from out of town.

doodz

And here are the almost-done SDR bubbleheads.  I’m hoping they come out well enough in print to be able to tell the types apart!  After the thin base has been added they will end up being about 9mm tall.  This puts them in scale with my DS 6mm infantry which will be used as the canon-fodder infantry.

I may change the Konrad a little to have a more projecting canopy like the newest version of the big model.

Konrad

I know it’s not the original, but it will be easier to tell apart from a Gustav as well as looking more like a stepping stone to the Melusine.   Maybe I am going to far for 6mm size?  Part of me worries, part of me doesn’t care!

Mr. Average
    Participant

Listen to the part that doesn’t care. Those are awesome pieces! Some of the upcoming Dieselpunk tanks from Microworld look like they’d suit the purpose very well, too, so an open mind will enrich your games.

Thomaston
    Participant

Go the GHQ route, put individual bolts and cables on the models 😀

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Some of the upcoming Dieselpunk tanks from Microworld look like they’d suit

Ooo, where can I see those?

Go the GHQ route, put individual bolts and cables on the models

I would love to make these as accurate as possible with the hoses and all, but a lot of that stuff doesn’t turn out in print at this scale.  If I were going to cast these then I would add all sorts of stuff to the masters, but that’d be adding a pretty big cost (molds and all) to what is supposed to be super cheap!  Maybe someday I can get a license and really do it right!  (I think it’s funny that a lot of Ma.K modelers call 1/76 “Braille Scale” as compared to the usual 1/20 scale models in the series and I’m over here doing 1/285th!)

Mr. Average
    Participant

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=31734&start=135

They look to me like they could be good Shutoral ground vehicles, superheavy tanks, early war stuff before the Hovers arrived, and some of the service vehicles used as “technicals” by the Mercenaries or the Free Colonies.

And yes, I prefer the earlier, poorly-transliterated form “Shutoral” over “Strahl.” I’m hard core.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

And yes, I prefer the earlier, poorly-transliterated form “Shutoral” over “Strahl.” I’m hard core.

I usually just use SDR to avoid the whole argument (I’ve seen 12 page forum threads that get acidic over all of that!)

Here’s pair of shots of the 2nd Gustav pose I’ve worked up (the first being just a plain old boring standing pose).

GS1GS2

Hope to hear soon how the SAFS print as that’ll give me some guidelines as to what poses work and which are to difficult.  (I’m sure I have more than a few that are too complex).

Mr. Average
    Participant

Nice Gustav! And yes, people who don’t call it the “Shutoral Demokratische Republik” have every right to be incorrect if they want to be. 😉

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Nice Gustav! And yes, people who don’t call it the “Shutoral Demokratische Republik” have every right to be incorrect if they want to be.

And here’s the classic Heinrich standing pose!  (Might do classic PKA claws at some point if this prints well)

PKA HFPKA HR

Mr. Average
    Participant

Are you just planning to go straight from printer to tabletop or will you cast these for yourself?

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

At the moment i think I am going straight the table.  It will truly be determined when the figs are printed, seeing how much detail shows.  I doubt that I will need these figures in the numbers to justify casting.

Mr. Average
    Participant

“Need” is a weak word.

Thomaston
    Participant

Nice detals on the back. How wide is the base? It looks pretty big.

Tired is enough.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.