Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi My (not so) secret Ma.K obsession

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Average
    Participant

The Dollhouse is my favorite SF3D unit. You mentioned above that you weren’t 100% on the turret? I think it looks a touch small, and the radome on the front should smooth into the cylinder a bit more so it’s more like a smooth rise in the front instead of an applied “bump” on the surface.

But that’s just me being critical. Frankly, it’s an amazing set no matter how you slice it!

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

You dont say..

I’ll look forward to reading the AARs then!

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

I think it looks a touch small, and the radome on the front should smooth into the cylinder a bit more so it’s more like a smooth rise in the front instead of an applied “bump” on the surface.

Ya, I’m with ya, I think I have the top of the hull too high, but can’t mess with that without redoing the whole hull.  I think the turret could be 1mm taller.  Doing the radome like so was a conscious decision after some testing.  When blended more it tended to look like a printing error and do weird fractal things at the edges.  I once hand-made a model of the DH in 1/76 (before buying a Wonderfest kit) and it is waaaaay easier to get to look right by hand!  I do sort of like it having some definition though, will make painting a bit easier and adds a touch of character to my eye.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

I’ll look forward to reading the AARs then!

If you’d like I can try to whip up some overhead style AArs using photoshop or Roll20 screenshots?

Mr. Average
    Participant

Iliada’s “wasteland” buildings seem like the ideal companion, by the way.

Mr. Average
    Participant

I think it looks a touch small, and the radome on the front should smooth into the cylinder a bit more so it’s more like a smooth rise in the front instead of an applied “bump” on the surface.

Ya, I’m with ya, I think I have the top of the hull too high, but can’t mess with that without redoing the whole hull. I think the turret could be 1mm taller. Doing the radome like so was a conscious decision after some testing. When blended more it tended to look like a printing error and do weird fractal things at the edges. I once hand-made a model of the DH in 1/76 (before buying a Wonderfest kit) and it is waaaaay easier to get to look right by hand! I do sort of like it having some definition though, will make painting a bit easier and adds a touch of character to my eye.

Ah, I see the layers are perpendicular to the shape of the dome top and bottom.  I can see how that would get weird – probably way easier to just do it the way you did – in my world of small scale modelling insanity I’d correct with putty, but looking at the various model versions I see it done a lot of different ways – this could be the Y-615C, with an updated radome with a dropcast shell to improve armor resistance.

Participant

this could be the Y-615C, with an updated radome with a dropcast shell to improve armor resistance.

Could be, however I do believe that eh anti-lazer ceramics they added we actually installed on the inside, which I thought odd.  Now, they did stop production on the DH and Jerry for a bit when the IMA ramped up production on the SAFS, so this could even be a later “simplified” version?

Waaaay too easy to geek out over the fictitious history and cannon! 

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

If you dont mid that sounds awesome, but only if you feel up for it!

I’ll second Mr Average on the buildings from Ali as well 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.