Home Forums Modern My Painted MRR (BMP) for 5Core Brigade Commander

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JozisTinMan
    Participant

Posted to my blog here.

My O8 1/600 scale Motorized Rifle Regiment (BMP), Central Front 1985.

Americans on the way!

http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/

Russell Phillips
    Participant

Very nice.

I like the idea of 3mm, but is O8 the only supplier? They’re nice models, but I get wary about only having a single source.

Military history author

JozisTinMan
    Participant

Russell,

Thanks!

O8 is the only one I know of.  They seem to be a strong, going concern and are constantly producing more models with a huge variety and the sculpting keeps getting better and better.  I personally would not worry about single sourcing.

In paticular, their infantry look better, except they have not redone the modern Americans yet, so I am going to use IDF.

They are cheap enough that I have found (at this scale) I can go in for a brigade / regiment for ~$35, especially as picoarmor will break up 15 vehicle packs, so you don’t have to purchase 15 SA-9’s when you will only need 4.

Give it a whirl and good gaming!

http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/

Rules Junkie Jim
    Participant

I can only echo what JozisTinMan says about O8: their (still expanding) ranges are so comprehensive already, and the minis so impressive, that I’ve not missed any competition. There are other 3mm manufacturers, but none I think cover moderns. The only thing I miss slightly are scenic items. Can be got, of course, but the market is pretty sparse compared to 6mm.

I, too wouldn´t worry about O8. The lines are already very complete. Plus Khurasan is looking to do modern 3mm as well. Were O8 to somehow go belly-up, I´m sure someone would fill this niche rapidly!

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Russell Phillips
    Participant

It’s not that I don’t trust O8 or anything, I just get paranoid that something will happen and cause problems. At the day job, we always try to avoid a “single point of failure”, and the mindset extends into my normal life sometimes 😉

Military history author

Rules Junkie Jim
    Participant

I just get paranoid that something will happen and cause problems. 

Many’s the mini I’ve bought on that premise

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.