Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi My take on the micro armor base walls

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stroezie
    Participant

Never one to pass up an idea worth stealing, I read Alexander Wasberg’s latest post (check it out over on his blog Lasers and Broadswords) on his military outpost walls and thought to myself:

” I can do that me! ”

So I started hunting through my mountains of accumulated junk euh… building materials, looking for something that would allow me to easily churn out different lengths of pre-fab walls.
    Here’s what I came up with.

Construction is very simple, a piece of giftcard sandwiched between two pieces of stapler nail strips.
    The heads of the nails form a solid foot alowing the walls to stand on their own quite easily.
    The single sections are 10 nails wide and the longer ones 20, 30 and 50.
    Just count the number of nails you want, break two pieces off and superglue to the giftcard then cut away the exess.
    These are 15mm high but you can get them in many different sizes, this will bear further investigation as I can already think of some other posible uses for them…

I also decided to add a ring to the top so the engineer mecha could more easily assemble them.
    Now I just need to settle on a paint scheme (kinda leaning toward the bear metal look, just a quick wash and done)

All in all this has been a quick little project ( about 2 hours time so far) which has given me a bunch of very versatile terrain pieces so thanks again Alexander ;-))

Cheers,
    Stroezie out.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Stroezie.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Stroezie.

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Angel Barracks

check it out over on his blog Lasers and Broadswords

Surely you mean check it out here on TWW?

๐Ÿ˜‰

Bare metal is good, but the stripes is pretty, though a pain to do lots of for sure.

Stroezie
    Participant

I’m thinking of doing most of them in bare metal with maybe some rust here and there and then doing a small number in the blue and stripes scheme, enough for a small corporate enclosure perhaps.

Sean Gewecke
    Participant

These look great.ย  I’ll have to check on the price of nails at my local shop to see if I should duplicate your idea.

The best player, isn't always the winning player.

Angel Barracks

โ€™m thinking of doing most of them in bare metal with maybe some rust here and there and then doing a small number in the blue and stripes scheme, enough for a small corporate enclosure perhaps.

Any bill posters and graffiti?

Stroezie
    Participant

@ Sean Gewecke
    You can find them in most hardware stores, I paid about โ‚ฌ5 for a pack of 2000 nails, there were packs of 5000 for โ‚ฌ8,5 so cheaper if you buy bulk.

@ Michael
    I might try my hand at painting some graffiti, altough, if some enterprising individual decided to release a nice set of decals with say some revolutionnary slogans and such, I’d definately be interested ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.