Home Forums Modern Nato Rapid Response force

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello All

I read with interest that Nato are to approve the forming of a Rapid response force.

Has anyone got any ideas/suggestions as to who and what they think the various members may contribute?

I thought it could be quite a good ‘what if’ army to collect.

Participant

Beyond the usual suspects (UK, Germany), I’d think Poland would be a good candidate. A Polish force would be interesting to build, too.

Hmm. I may get on that! 😉

Shawn.

Shawn Carpenter
    [email protected]
    www.ambushalleygames.net

Participant

Yes by its very name it’s normaly a Light force , But in this case with the close proximity of the oposing force “Russia” You could see a very heavy and well balanced force .

Even the Leo 2 MBT is a serious opponent for the latest Rusian MBT…I think The real challange will be if Nato can obtain Airsupieroity or Parity…with out it there is little that can be done ..That Russia recognises its inferiority is highlighted by it threats to maintain the right of first use of nuclear weapons to protect Russian territory….Mikey

Participant

My understanding is that at different times a given unit in the force structure could be from any member state.  So say a recce regiment coulld be British for a time and then that might be replaced by a German unit, which may give way to a Dutch unit.  So you could do some pretty eclectic kit in larger scale gaming.

I would have thought that a Polish armoured div would be a secod wave beefing up force rather than part of the RDF.

So a credible scenario might be the RDF defending an ABM radar site from Russian attack whilst awaiting relief from the heavy metal.  Besides going off to the Baltics or Stans to stop little green men from looting advanced weaponry from hunting stores and cop shops.

Participant

… to stop little green men from looting advanced weaponry from hunting stores and cop shops.

Apparently RPGs are an effective duck hunting weapon, found in every corner store 😉

QRF Models Limited
    www.quickreactionforce.co.uk

Participant

I thought the mach 5 area defence sams were used for duck.  I gather that the RPGs are good for keeping the rabbits down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.