Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Naval artillery deployed ashore

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Bought several figures of 18th century figures whilst at Exeter show the other week.

Some Britannia Napoleonic naval, Front Rank and Foundry.

Over on this site there are more photo’s.

http://societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10000

Participant

William:

Wow! Those are lovely figures. I am not familiar with these figures or uniforms. What are Tiberians? Are these minis 25mm’s or 28mm’s? You have painted them up quite beautifully! Thanks for posting that, it was a visual treat.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Cheers for your kind comments Rod, the Kingdom of Tiberia is for my 18th century imagination.  Based on French uniforms 1720 – 1780 ish.

The figures are 28mm Britannia, Front Rank and Perry.

Participant

William,

Have enjoyed viewing photos on several sites of your French and Imagin-nation collection as it develops. Have just joined this forum, hope to post up something 18th century soon. Note you live in Devon, same here.  Michael

Participant

Very nice! Will you play landing operations? I’ve a soft spot for amphibious scenarios…

Participant

William, Have enjoyed viewing photos on several sites of your French and Imagin-nation collection as it develops. Have just joined this forum, hope to post up something 18th century soon. Note you live in Devon, same here. Michael

I live near Plymouth Michael, are you going to Partizan next Sunday, some of my forces will be in action at the “A Military Gentleman” 2015 spectacular.  2 tables 20 players and several thousand figures. 

Participant

Very nice! Will you play landing operations? I’ve a soft spot for amphibious scenarios…

I have not done any 18th century Shandy but that is work in progress, though I have done Operation Sealion WW2 several times,

Participant

Hi William, in the 1980s and 1990s I put on games in the South, including London, but not anymore. I run a living history group that organises AWI and FrRevW  displays and that provides all the travelling I need in my life.  I’m East Devon but it would be great to meet up at an Exeter/Plymouth wargame event. Until then, just keep posting up on this forum photos, I need inspiration to open my paint pots. The staff on this site have been very helpful so I plan to support their efforts in different ways. Michael

Participant

Michael if you like 18th have you bought this book, whilst not cheap it is an excellent read and visual treat and the forum is a mine of inspiration.

http://amilitarygentleman.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

William, I may well do this in the very near future, I often communicated with John Ray in the 1980s, his collection and castings were special then. Having bought a swivel cannon in March for £1300.00 my funds are a bit low. How much is the book? Michael

Participant

Michael the books cost £60 and postage next day delivery is a further £12, excellent value.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.