Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Naval Camouflage

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mal WrightMal Wright
    Participant

The third book of my series on BRITISH AND COMMONWEALTH WW2 NAVAL CAMOUFLAGE is now with Seaforth/Pen and Sword and expected to be released around August 2016.
    From there I am moving on to other navies of WW2. Europe for one volume, Japan for another.

Mal Wright

Etranger
    Participant

Oh good. the first 2 volumes are crackers. I must get you to sign mine!

Mal WrightMal Wright
    Participant

Happy to do so. I have been unable to wargame for some time. But we will be next Saturday evening if you are available.

Mal Wright

John D SaltJohn D Salt
    Participant

Dammit, more expense.

[As Mr. Curmudgeonly always says when a new unmissable book is published.]

All the best,

John.

Mal WrightMal Wright
    Participant

I am awaiting information on the release date for book 3. In the meantime Mr.Curmudgeonly will be shocked to know I am making steady progress on books 4 and 5 almost simultaninously!

Mal Wright

Etranger
    Participant

Hi Mal, sorry i missed the note above. I won’t get a leave pass this week but next week (14th) might be a goer.

Jonathan Gingerich
    Participant

Mal,
    To redirect the subject a bit, do you know of any references for where the linoleum was on the High Seas Fleet ships in the Great War? (like top down views!-) I have some GHQ’s gathering dust due to painting paralysis…
    thanks,
    Jon.

Mal WrightMal Wright
    Participant

I know it was applied to the bridge wings and similar high areas where crew had to stand long hours at duty, when on watch. It was to protect their feet from the cold steel of the decks. Wood was too heavy to apply to those areas. In lower areas wood was used. Apparently it was applied to many below deck areas out of sight of where you will be painting your models. But removed fairly early experience demonstrated that it burnt too well and the fumes were deadly….as well as dense. I think therefore you will find more on the early ships than later built ones.
    regards
    Mal Wright

Mal Wright

Mal WrightMal Wright
    Participant

OK. Give me a call. My telephone number is the same.

Mal Wright

Mal WrightMal Wright
    Participant

OK. The publisher has set October 10th 2016 as the release date for my third book.

Mal Wright

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.