Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Naval Wargames Show 2015

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The 2015 Naval Wargames Show will be held at the Explosion! Museum of Naval Firepower, Gosport, Hampshire on July 11th and 12th 2015. Now in its 5th year the show currently features ten games from ancients to WW2 and beyond. There are spaces available for additional games on both days so if you’d like to put on a game at the show please let me know.

Admission to the show is free. Admission to the rest of the museum is at normal rates.

We look forward to seeing you in Gosport in the Summer!</span>

Participant

Good luck with that David, a lot of hard work, especially on your part, but worth it I’m sure. Looking forward to the reports….

http://sparkerswargames.blogspot.com.au/
    'Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall need to be well 'ard'
    Matthew 5:9

Participant

Wish I could make it, sounds great DM!

http://irregularwars.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

Same 10am-5pm hours as the museum itself, or shorter?

Participant

Same as the museum  maybe stopping a bit earlier on Sunday

Participant

We currently have ten games over the weekend, from ancients to modern – plus sci fi – so it should be good fun and a great opportunity for naval gamers to try out each others games and swap ideas.

This will also be the last one that I will be able to organise (looking for a successor now) so I’m hoping its going to be  a lovely weekend.

Participant

Currently planning to be there on Sunday, looking forward to it! We naval gamers seem to be a rare bunch compared with all the skirmish stuff that’s out there these days.

Participant

The 5th Naval Wargames Show took place this weekend at Explosion, Gosport. Whilst not the biggest wargaming event by any stretch of the imagination it was an extremely fun weekend, with ten different games run over the two days (some ran both days). It wad good to see some new faces, loveky to catch up with some old. I chatted a lot, drank too much tea and had too much clotted cream and jam on scones, but did get to play in a few games (sank Bismarck and Prinz Eugen playing Denmark Strait with GQ3) and ran my “Stingray” participation game a few times – each time different and great fun, I think the players enjoyed it. the game still isn’t quite perfect but is very nearly there. I picked up some good ideas for a few tweaks and I need to find some smal shark models (if anyone knows where I can get cheap toy sharks about 1 to 2 inches long please let me know!) Intrepid NWS reporter Norman Bell was on hand so there will be a full report in the next copy of the NWS newsletter, All Guns Blazing.

This was my last show as organiser, for various reasons I have to stand down, but a willing volunteer has appeared to take on the mantle, and I will be there next year with another new game.

Participant

Good fun, thanks for all the work!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.