Home Forums General General Navwar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

There’s news going around that the proprietor of Navwar, Tony Anderson, has died.

If true, it’s very sad news indeed. Tony has been around for over 50 years as Navwar, and as everyone knows he refused to submit to the digital age.

Truly, the end of an era.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

I heard it from a mate who had seen a Faceache post from David Manley. He has been regularly in touch with Tony so likely reliable.

Tony was so far out of date that he usually got product to customers faster than many of the companies using ‘modern’ tech. I checked my chequebook when I put the last order in a few months ago; it has only been used for Navwar orders for the last 4 years but still reliable and easy.

I’m sure our condolences go out to his family.

Tony of TTT

Participant

Sad news. I bought lots of the H&R stuff when he ran it but never quite as many ships as I intended. I admired his refusal to pander to ecommerce, although he would have had more naval order off me in recent times I suspect if he had capitulated. As Tony indicated above any delays were at my end not his.

Condolences to all family and friends.

Participant

If David Manley says it’s true then it is.

RIP Tony, and condolences to his family.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Tony was a scholar and a gentleman and I will miss those occasional lost Saturday afternoons where I phoned to “quickly” check some detail or other and spent an hour, or more, in fascinating conversation.

My condolences to his friends and family.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

I am sorry to read this.

May he rest in peace.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.