Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Necromunda in 15mm

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well there seems to be a lot of interest in Necromunda these days. I ended up reading through some of the older rules and really enjoying the setting and background story.  As I have no history with the game I made some modifications.  A few years ago I bought some of the Pegasus Platformer sets to make some Star Wars models.  I didn’t really like the kits and put them away.  After looking at some examples of Pocketmunda(Necromunda in 15mm) I started hacking the models and adding lots of plasticard.  Since the style is rusty and grimy I gave the pieces a pretty simple paint job.  I have a lot of models for gangers.

Participant

Those look really good. Any issues with smaller models for skirmish?

Have you had a game yet? I’ve been tempted to get bat to Necromunda many times. Your 15mm looks great, are you making weapons WYSIWYG?

Participant

Not sure on the rules just yet.  I like the community rules a little better then the 269 page first edition rule set.

Participant

Wow. That’s really nice. Not thought of 15mm for ‘Munda. As for rules I would most probably use one hour skirmish wargames. I think they would work a treat. I’ve seen a blog about using those rules for Munda and they worked pretty well from reading the write ups.

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Keymaster

If you have 40k, they would be an ideal fit for rules?

Participant

Ben

Fantastic terrain!  And I really like those figures too.  Very nicely painted.

I got that exact same Alternative Armies batch (“Post Apocalyptic Warband”) a couple of weeks ago and it’s waiting for me on the painting table.  But now you’re getting me inspired.  🙂

Thanks!

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9593487@N07/albums/with/72157710630529376

Participant

Alternative Armies have some fantastic 15mm models in their vast catalog. I have some laser burn street judges and gangers they are great little models.

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Participant

I finally finished the board.  Now on to the rules!

Participant

Great board.

That top level is going to be a pain to storm – bags my team hold it 🙂

Participant

I love this!  Might want more cover though if you’re going to use the Necromunda rules themselves, otherwise being in the open is a slaughter.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

As well as Alternative Armies a number of other companies do figures that would do for Necromunda

The Scene (thesceneuk.com) have Survivors, Wasteland Warriors and US Special forces figures plus various “beasties” that would suit.

Khurasan (khurasanminiatures.tripod.com) have an extensive range of Human and Xeno sci-fi minis

Ground Zero Games aka GZG (shop.groundzerogames.co.uk) have military and civilian human types, Xenos, scenery and vehicles.

Brigade Models (brigademodels.co.uk) do some scenery and civ vehicles that might be useful but their figures are largely too hi-tech and/ or military.

I’m sure there are others I’m forgetting!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

The real beauty of Necromunda was always the campaign system. It’s a fun game system. I’d stick with the original or at least something similar like Salvage Crew: Star Mogul.

Beautiful table!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.