Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Neil Thomas OHW Scenario 9:Double-Delaying Action

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Please see here for the next battle in this series of refights of scenarios from Neil Thomas’s One Hour Wargames book, using his Simplicity in Practice rules and Baccus 6mm figures.

Participant

That’s a tough scenario, both to play and to write.  Well done Mr Thomas for achieving a good balance.

That was a nice town you set up there.  6mm terrain always looks rather good.

Participant

I really enjoy reading your posts on NT OHW. I do attribute these to me running my recent 6 battle mini campaign using my Dark Age armies and vanilla OHW dark age rules. I had such a blast. I am now looking at getting armies for each period in his book to do a similar thing. Except the WWII rules I think I am going to use the rules in WAI than OHW rules. Keeping on post these most excellent battle reports. I really like those buildings.

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Participant

Thanks very much both. Very much so about the buildings: wantng to have a good ‘look’ despite modest table sizes is always one of my goals.  There are some really good manufacturers of 6mm buildings out there.

Of all the Neil Thomas’ rules, I like his C20 rules the least so far, I think, although his loss/morale mechanism in W:AI is quite interesting.

Participant

Henry Hyde has made his magazine with these rules now available via a web site called Payhip as an alternate to DriveThru/RPGNow(or whatever they call themselves now).

They take PayPal if you are a bit bothered by the site (it’s UX is not great to say the least) and the magazine is $1.99 (£1.54 at the current rate).

The direct link to the magazine purchase is here and his own site showing all issues available is here BUT neither Henry’s link or the magazine pictures take you to a purchase page for other items (what – why make it hard to take my money?). I did manage to find a link direct to his catalogue (THIS ONE) to save you time…

(Begin rant) I hope neither paid much for web design (end rant).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.