Home Forums WWII New 15mm Skirmish and 3mm WWII and Moderns

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

In honor of TMP’s new board (gotta love new boards, right?), I bring you this post. Actually, it just sort of matched up with what I had going on. I’ve been working on various units for 15mm WWII and modern skirmish forces. I’m nowhere near done, but I had a bunch that were painted but waiting on basing, so I decided to sit down and finally put the finishing touches on them. Quite a few of these forces are not new, but are simply an expansion of previously completed forces. For example, a couple months ago I bought, painted, based, and posted a QRF Modern French force. But then I decided it wasn’t big enough, so I went and got another dozen or so troops and had to take them from start to finish to complete the platoon. Quite a bit of what I finished up was that sort of thing, though there were also a few new forces which, as is my custom, will get their own blog post.

Here’s my big box of skirmish platoons, with the new forces and the previously finished forces that I added to.

And then, for something totally different, I went 3mm. I have Ben Lacy’s “Operation Jupiter” scenario book, a fantastic collection of about 30 tabletop scenarios pitting Brits vs Germans near Caen in 1944. My son and I have been playing these, having completed eight fights to date in 10mm and 15mm. For some reason I got a wild hair and decided I wanted to give it a go in 3mm. I absolutely love these things, so quick to get ready; it took me maybe four hours to clean, prime, paint, wash, and base these guys.

To see more pics, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/01/what-i-did-this-week.html

So, that’s what I got done last weekend. As I mentioned, all new forces shown above will have a separate blog entry to showcase the force with closeups of everything. Meanwhile, the boy and I are set to embark upon a new campaign, I think you’re gonna like it!

V/R,
    Jack

Keymaster

In honor of TMP’s new board (gotta love new boards, right?), I bring you this post.

?

Participant

They look good, but I need an AAR !!!

Participant

Those 3mm’s are ready for their close-up, Mr. DeMille!

Participant

Uh oh! Jacko, ju got some s’plaining to do!

Mike:

Jack no doubt forgot to edit his post after posting it in a forum far, far away. A simple oversight I would wager and no intended slight. He is so prolific in his blogging and posting that he’s bound to get his wires crossed on rare occasions. I can’t speak for all but from my perspective his posts make TWW more interesting to visit.

Jack:

You shame us all with your productivity and inspire us all with your love of the hobby. Your boy is very lucky to have a da/dad like you to walk him into the hobby as you have done. Good on ya, Jack!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Speaking of Kids, my Grand Daughter Kay Kay is learning checkers so I can teach her how to play Chess……then it’s on to Miniatures !!!!

Participant

Mike – ??? backatcha.  This is probably a mistake, but me posting that silly line about TMP was not a mistake.  If you read the next sentence (“Actually, it just sort of matched up with what I had going on.”) it should explain as much as I think I need to.  Am I not allowed to mention TMP on this website?  It seems like plenty of other folks around here do, usually the way Tim did.

John I – I’m working on it.

Tim – Thanks to the first part, not interested in the second part.  I generally seem to get along on all the websites I post to.

Mr. Average – I’ll post them as soon as I can, then play some games with them!  Working on something else right now though.

Rod – No I don’t, wasn’t trying to slight anyone or anything, but it wasn’t a mistake.  I honestly don’t get what the big deal is, or why anyone would bother me about it.  In any case, thanks for the kind words.

John II  – We skipped Chess.  Have to come back to it later.  Assuming we have time between wargames 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

If you get inspired by somewhere mention it, what’s the problem?

This is still easily the best wargaming forum available, people hearing about other options available won’t change that. 🙂

Participant

Skipped Chess !!!!  Oh the horror !!!!

Keymaster

Am I not allowed to mention TMP on this website?  It seems like plenty of other folks around here do, usually the way Tim did.

Of course you can, I was just not able to see how a new board on TMP was relevant to posting on TWW.

I would have said the same had you said something like, In honor of the new Starbucks on 34th street…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.