Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy New Fantasy Kickstarter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Would like to introduce a new 28mm modular system for printing fantasy rank and file troops.

Take a look and see if it fits your needs.

Thanks for looking.

I’m… intrigued, especially by the idea that you’re designing these figures now in anticipation of better 3d printers a couple of years into the future. Feels like we’re starting to approach the point of critical mass in regard to manufacturing our own figures at home.

Keymaster

Interesting, do you have a link to the KS?

Participant

kickstarter.com/projects/669924289/printable-armies

add the www. – if I link direct only get the video ๐Ÿ™‚

Models are printable now, but sculpts are high poly so that as printers get better, the models hold up to the resolution.

Clicking on the “K” in the top left corner of the video after you start playing it will take you to the Kickstarter page.

Keymaster

Clicking on the โ€œKโ€ in the top left corner of the video after you start playing it will take you to the Kickstarter page.

School day!
    Thank you both.

Participant

Thats the idea of the system, especially rank and file or dungeon swarms. Print them as you need or want them,

Oh, and as for the fact that these armies can be printed now already, I get that, but it still feels to me like a “tech geek” / “early adopter” thing. I’m sure I won’t be utilising any 3d printers in the next couple of years, but what excites me just a little bit is the notion that at some point not many years from now, 3d printing may have advanced well enough along the bell curve that “even I” could be printing my own figures at home to a satisfactory standard of quality, though I’m not a tech-savvy person or a gadget man at all. And in that light, it’s interesting that a “library” of figure designs is gradually coming into being as we speak.

Good luck with this project. I like the design of that orc.

Participant

Thank you, its what we are aiming to achieve. Hopefully not too early ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.