Home Forums Modern New here: my Moderns Blog

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brasidas19004 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Brasidas19004
    Participant

So, my second blog, which is pretty active, got started as a WWII North Africa blog, hence the title: http://upthebluefow.blogspot.com/ This was my first modern love as I read the memoir “Brazen Chariots” as a cheap paperback when quite young, and the story of Maj. Crisp has only become more appreciated by me as I have aged and am working on my own veteran status. I still have a set aside project with Stuart “Honeys” that is near and dear.

It continues to cover WWII, and has since added to it modern conflicts in Afghanistan [1900], Syria 2020, Terminator, Star Wars, and some French Foreign Legion. Presently, it is the focus of skirmish wargaming as a “game level” with Terminator, Star Wars, FFL and soon Afghanistan using “One-Hour Skirmish Wargames” which is due to arrive any day, but I am already pre-playtesting the mechanics using info gleaned in other reviews.

I hope it interests some of you historical types, as well as “historical trope types” so to speak.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Welcome aboard!

Quite a variety there on your blog, including the museum visit.  Nice!  Hope to see more.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Brasidas19004
    Participant

Thanks DSG, I am working on some more AARs and a review of One-Hour Skirmish Wargames. Just got the book this week!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.