Home Forums General Blogs New Leadhead PhD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

For personal reasons I closed down my old blog. I am slowly uploading items that were posted there to this new blog.

https://newleadheadphd.blogspot.com/p/material-for-wargaming.html

With Respect

Konstantinos Travlos

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

Axel Oxenstierna

Tony S
    Participant

Just yesterday I was rummaging through some old wargaming stuff, and came across the some of the old campaign books that Freikorps used to sell, on all sorts of interesting obscure wars and such.  They are long, long out of print, and I was thinking that’s such a shame.  There are no handy little concise books, like that or many of the WRG books available anymore, that are entirely designed for wargamers and wargamers only.  Such a shame for the younger wargamers interested in historical wargaming.

And then you offer exactly what I was thinking about, on your blog for anyone to peruse.   Absolutely tremendous work.   Fascinating.

Thank you very sincerely for all your research, and far more importantly, for sharing it.   The hobby is richer for it.

Thank you Tony

I started those off for the Facebook 19th Century Wargaming and History Group I had started. The Group still exists (I am out of Facebook), but alas my attempt to keep a quarterly series of threads on a conflict did not seem to catch on. I collected them and put them on the old blog as an alternative source for those not using Social Media back then. I am very happy it helped you. I just wish I had the energy to do more, but alas not, and too focused on the Greek-Turkish War 1919-1922 right now

Axel Oxenstierna

Chris Pringle
    Participant

Nice work, Konstantinos! That’s a great resource you’ve created.

Chris

Gaming and Painting Update at New Leadhead PhD

https://newleadheadphd.blogspot.com/2022/03/gaming-and-painting-update.html

Axel Oxenstierna

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.