Home Forums General Films and TV New Rogue One trailer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thuseld
    Participant

Oh man it is off the rails amazing.

I was excited for Episode VII because it was the first new Star Wars film in a decade. It was a post Endor film that could introduce EU characters I love. It would have Han Solo, Luke, Leia, Chewy on screen again.

But Rogue One. It just looks like it is going to be an amazing film of its own merits. I cannot wait. Shame they are all going to die.

Rhoderic
    Participant

Oh, wow, I’ve been ridiculously out of the loop. I hadn’t realised that was what Rogue One was going to be about (or maybe I did know at some point and then forgot).

The trailers do look amazing. Science-fantasy cinema at its most self-confident and soulful, the way it’s supposed to be.

Rules Junkie Jim
    Participant

The crushing, stupefying, debilitating disappointment I felt at TFA has abated somewhat, and I’m really looking forward to this. It’s going to be redemptive; I can sense it.

Thuseld
    Participant

I enjoyed TFA for what it was: a love letter to the OT. I reckon we will get an extended edition at some point that may make it better. And the whole Han Solo thing was brilliant.

But yes, I am excited for Rogue One to just blow everything so far away. I worry it might actually be the best Star Wars film of the lot.

Mike
    Keymaster

The last SW I saw was The Phantom Menace, quite frankly that put me off ever since.
    However this looks like it is trying to be a good film rather than relying on being a SW film to get people to come see it.

Tempted I am…

Rhoderic
    Participant

The last SW I saw was The Phantom Menace, quite frankly that put me off ever since.

I can relate a bit. After seeing The Phantom Menace when it premiered, I had little appetite for the rest of that trilogy. It took years after the release of Attack of the Clones for me to watch all of it in one sitting, and I only got around to Revenge of the Sith about a year or two back. Still, as the more irreverent, non-hardcore Star Wars fan I am, I thought The Force Awakens was every kind of awesome there is. Enjoyed every second of it.

With Rogue One I’m a bit mindful of the fact that it’s set up to be a “they all gave their lives” type tragedy (which I usually find difficult to enjoy), but judging by these trailers I think it’ll be a fun ride anyway.

greg954
    Participant

I’m really looking forward to seeing it. I enjoyed TFA and this one I think will be just as good. Like TFA, New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, these are proper Star Wars movies.

Not like those cartoon ones they did. The attack of the clones, the menace and the sloth or sith or whatever. Those films were like something out of itchy and scratchy. And don’t get me started on the Return of the Jedi. It started off ok, I like a bit of Jabba and Bobafet. But then the Ewoks came along and things just got silly. Stormtroopers being bopped over the head with rocks and Walkers getting tripped up with bits of rope. Yeah right. So that was all that was needed to defeat a technologically advanced race. No need for blasters or lightsabers just lob stones at them.

Rogue one looks like it’s in keeping with Star Wars. A real proper film were you want to jump onto the set and be a Stormtrooper. The sort of Star Wars film that has a black glossy floor on the death star. The sort of floor that the actors had to wear slippers as not to scuff it. That’s what I call a proper Star Wars film. Science fiction and not fantasy.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by greg954.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.