Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi New terrain boards in the works

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Those look really impressive. πŸ™‚

Participant

Fantastic progress!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Cheers to the lot of you πŸ™‚

I’m close to completing the last piece of tile 8 and so by the end of the week I hope to be able to share it, and the completed tiles 6 and 7.

Participant

Really like the look of those small Sayiner buildings.
    I may have to order me some for when I get around to expanding my own city (I need two more districts for my TwoHourWargames Judge Dredd)
    Now hurry up and finish the rest of the tiles so I can start stealing ideas πŸ˜‰

Participant

Like the rest of Ali’s stuff they are good, a windowframe or two damaged, but otherwise perfect!

For the Judge Dredd you should really construct at least one or two big habs with full interiors, so you can have block wars πŸ™‚

Aye aye, I shall proceed at my best speed πŸ˜‰

Participant

Now I’ve managed to finish up tiles 6, 7 and 8!

Tile 6 in all it’s glory. A low-end hab district, little more than a slum.

The blank tile.

The more upscale district, with the bank on the right(signs not completed yet) and some higher-end businesses on the left.

The blank tile of the 7th piece.

The 8th tile: an shuttleport with an ATC tower on top, combining all necessary traveller facilities and customs in one place.

The tile without the port on it.

Now I only have one tile left before I have the basic 3×3 city design, so of course I have started thinking about adding 3 more..

Check out the blog for more photos :http://lasersandbroadswords.blogspot.se/2017/05/new-terrain-tiles-numbers-6-7-and-8.html

Thanks for looking!

Keymaster

oooh I like the overhanging observation bit on that one!

Participant

Cheers Mike, glad you liked it πŸ™‚

Participant

Looking good! this building really big !

contact me via : [email protected]
    http://www.sayinermicrotoys.com/

Participant

It sure is, cover for even the most gigantic of mechs or beasts πŸ™‚

I have news today, the 9th tile is finished!

The communications post. The only game in town if you’re looking to send a sub-space message somewhere and arrive while it still makes a difference.

It is naturally out of the price-range of most of the citizens, but big businesses and the local government rely on it to communicate with allies as well as the core worlds of Unity.

That is also what makes the compound a HVT in case of a disturbance, be it planetary invasion or civilian trouble-making.

The base is left blank like the others, so I can get as much use out of it as possible.

While not directly related to the tiles, I also made these pieces, in case there is ever need to fight far away from the downtown areas:

The rock formations were made to match the ground color of the tiles, so that the badlands on the outskirts of the city can be present in any game should the need arise.

The individual pieces can be stacked to make rock spires/pillars, big enough to cover a mech if need be.

Sadly I didn’t have time to put together a shot of the tiles assembled but I hope to do so very soon, then we can get some gaming started as well!

The blog has some more pics as usual :http://lasersandbroadswords.blogspot.se/2017/05/the-completed-tile-9-some-extra-terrain.html

Thanks for looking!

Keymaster

Very cool, how did you do the rocks?
    Foamcard and pollyfilla / caulk?

Participant

I had little foamcore left, so I resorted to cardboard that I glued together and cut into shape before covering it with a glue and paper mix.

I was going to use caulk, but filling the holes between the layers of cardboard would have used up way too much, so I had to improvise πŸ™‚

Participant

As promised, now that it’s all finished, I have a few shots of the entire set to show you:

A few shots in line with the highest buildings, as well as some from on high. The mechs and armor on respective sides are part of the principal adversaries (the USS in blue/grey and NIJA in Red/tan/light grey)Β  fighting over this city specifically, as well as the planet itself generally.

What do you think of the city now that it’s finished? Is there anything you think should be added? Let me know!

See the blog for some more :http://lasersandbroadswords.blogspot.se/2017/05/overview-of-city-stage-1-completed.html

Thanks for looking!

What do you think of the city now that it’s finished? Is there anything you think should be added? Let me know!

Very cool.
    Nothing major needs doing I don’t think.
    I would be inclined to just little details as the whim takes you.
    A billboard here, a bus stop there, small bits and bobs that only take a short while to do that you can add over time.

Oh, one thing.
    A Repulsorlift Train running along one edge of that city would make it just that touch better.

πŸ˜‰

Participant

I think it looks amazing. πŸ™‚

Only thing I could think to add would be a few civilian vehicles scattered around.

Participant

I have a few trucks and pickups that I could add, but I think I might need a few more to make it feel “lived in”. Thanks for the tip Victoria!

I think that a repulsor train station might be even better and since I already have a train, I just need to build a small station then. Not a bad idea at all πŸ™‚

That’s some helpful advice, thanks to the both of you!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.