Home Forums WWII New Year – New Army

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I need to mobilize my German infantry, and get my British army off the ground. I just need British infantry, which I had hoped my secret santa would get me, but didn’t. Time to replan. All of this is Heroics and Ros.

Participant

Controversial – basing tanks πŸ™‚

Nice to see H&R models again – they always did nice clean castings…

So will the infantry be on your birthday list???

Participant

I think basing tanks at this scale is important as it helps preserve the paint jobs πŸ˜‰

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Participant

I think basing tanks at this scale is important as it helps preserve the paint jobs πŸ˜‰

And barrels!Β  The horror of seeing your unbased Panthers with spaghetti guns isn’t pleasant.

Participant

Oh yes, get those tanks based. All my AFVs are based, regardless of scale.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Participant

I base all of my tanks. I feel like they would look too small next to a stand of infantry who have an extra 1mm or so height on them. Also, as mentioned it reduces handling of the actual miniature. I do, however, keep the spaghetti gun barrels.

I ordered a selection of infantry with Christmas money, hope to have them within a couple of weeks. I have ordered the new sets of figures from Britain, Germany, USA, Soviet Russia. I have also ordered some vehicles to fill some holes in my army lists, along with a platoon of Achilles tank destroyers that I somehow forgot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.