Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Force on Force Next Question Firepower and Defense Caps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So in Ambush Alley you have firepower and defense caps of 10D each. In Force on Force you have firepower caps but I cannot see any defense caps. Perhaps it is buried somewhere in the rules or a chart or table but.. So does the defense cap continue in FoF or just the firepower cap? Thank you.

Participant

FoF it’s the same as AA.

Participant

Can you give me a location in the rules please?

Participant

Just went through the rulebook and QRS for Force on Force and find no mention of any cap on defense dice. No examples, nothing. So I assume there is no defensive cap like firepower cap.

Participant

The Firepower Cap
    No infantry unit may have a total Firepower greater than 10 dice.

Pag.39 of FoF basic rules

Participant

That is firepower. I see that in both. I do not see a defense cap in FoF but it is in AA.

Participant

There isn’t a defence firecap in FoF

Participant

There is a cap on Basic Defense.  It is  the number of figured in the unit or the Firepower of the attack against it, whichever is less.  So if the firepower against a unit is 4 dice and the unit has 6 figures then the cap for Basic Defense is 4 dice.  If the firepower dice is 6 and the unit only has 4 figures then the cap is 4 dice.  After that there is a potential to add up to an additional 8 dice depending on cover and body armor.

So I guess the theoretical cap would be about 18 dice.

Participant

Thank you Bob. Looks like the case. I understood the basic cap but nowhere did they specifically state, like the offensive cap, an absolute limit. So I was hoping someone else might have seen it somewhere. Maybe hidden in one of the expansion books, in some Q&As or errata.

Participant

Yes, there is no absolute cap for Defense dice like there is for Firepower dice.  It is all dependent on various factors.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.