Home Forums Modern No End In Sight…Oil Pumping Station Zebra.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    Participant

The Sultanate of Ifat was in deep trouble.Bongo Haram has taken over the Oil Fields of the Taboole Valley. Col. Sokolove must lead his Mercenary forces to retake, Oil Pumping Station Zebra  on the lip of the Taboole Valley , before he can retake the valley below. ( I had hoped to start this campaign today but time got away from me and the figures are only half painted.) More later.

shelldrake
    Participant

Sounds good so far.

Which campaign type will you be playing?

kyoteblue
    Participant

This will be an Insurgency type campaign, it will also give the back story of my Imagi-nation The Sultanate of Ifat. An Oil rich ancient country that has at one time or another been invaded bought and or conquered and then abandoned by every major and minor Country Or Empire at one time or another.  They Came They Saw They Fled In Horror….

kyoteblue
    Participant

Col. Sokolove shook his head and watched the black smoke from the scout pick up climb higher ….The road to Oil Pumping Station Zebra was indeed mined.. The destroyed pick up would come out of his pay, but he could always claim the two  dead soldiers  pay to offset it…most of the soldiers he hired didn’t list next of kin. He got on his radio and let the rest of the column of pick up know they would lagger for the rest of the day while he made plans for a night assault.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Get your shots and bring clean water!

Can’t wait to see how this unfolds.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

War Panda
    Participant

Yes (rubbing hands gleefully) can’t wait Blue….sounds exciting (but don’t keep us waiting too long 😉  )

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

kyoteblue
    Participant

I was chasing after rules that UPS couldn’t deliver as they thought I had moved( I’ve been at the same place for 21 years and have no plans on moving) So I didn’t get the figures painted and bases terrained . Maybe if the Grand Kids don’t come over I’ll get some painting in. If not then tomorrow.

Col Sokolove awoke from dreams of the snows of Alcovia..It was almost dusk…

kyoteblue
    Participant

Ah ha !! Got some painting done and found my painted FFL figures so the French in Yurbooty  will be showing up in the campaign later…got to rebase them .I need more steel washers.

shelldrake
    Participant

FFL – fantastic! Would love to see some photos of them once they are based up. Who makes them?

kyoteblue
    Participant

The FFL figures are I think Peter Pig  AK-47 Hardened Professionals but could be wrong. I use what I have painted.  The Bongo Haram figures are some Command Decision * Afghans for leaders and Rebel Miniatures masked gunmen for grunts. Col. Sokolove’s Mercenaries are CD * modern US Infantry  .   I will also use Rebel Mini’s African Irregulars as enemies of the FFL, in later games.

As for pictures I don’t own a camera as such. And must rely on the kindness of others to take and post pictures of my games. ( I have some pics on my Face Book page.)

Looking forward to reading your AAR on NEIS Vietnam game !!!!

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

I think PP makes straight up foreign legion too, so maybe it’s them. They’re nice figures, provided you don’t mind the “running with mouth open” look they have going 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

I will say up front that I don’t care much for PP or it’s owner.  I dislike the always running or shouting Jay Leno Jaws sculps.  I only have any PP cause they came in a trade years ago. That and the Owner was rather rude to me. Sorry if that offends any one.

That is why I try to use any other figures.

Grand Kids didn’t come over so I got a bit more painted last night and hope to get the rest done today….Crap I need some steel washers to base the other troops !!!

More on the game, If and when I can get it played…

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Nah, I wouldn’t do business with someone who was rude to me either. Part of why I avoid one of the gaming stores here in town (actually they were rude to my wife, while I was in the store buying stuff).

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

I understand .  Got the steel washers at Lowes and based up some US Special Forces figures from Rebel Miniatures. I’ll base coat them tomorrow.Maybe even get the first game in.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Sorry I have not updated this but finding out that Allen Curtis had died, kinda threw me.

I’ll try to get something done tomorrow.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Bit of a slip…I have rebased my FFL stand in’s and got more African Militia based but not base coated. Getting closer….

irishserb
    Participant

Looking forward to the updates!

kyoteblue
    Participant

I plan to try out a test/learning game tomorrow at my FLGS with my friend Kenneth. I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Played the game but messed up and need to reread the rules again… More soon.

Altius
    Participant

This sounds fun. I really need to get back playing modern African wars. I’ve got two African armies and two middle eastern armies, but I haven’t played a game with them in at least two years. Thinking of going this route to do Central American wars of the 1980s, but Hell, I’ve been talking about that for years.

I do happen to like Peter Pig’s stuff. Sorry to hear the guy was rude to you.

Where there is fire, we will carry gasoline

kyoteblue
    Participant

Thanks Altius !

kyoteblue
    Participant

Col. Sokolove cruised in his Alovian. Bongo Haram still held  Oil Pumping Station Zebra.  The Sultan and Coch Oil would be very upset with him. He would need to regroup and call in reinforcements from Al Sinq .

Played a second game of NEIS today and will ask questions on the NEIS board.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by kyoteblue.
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Only way to increase morale is to feed the dissenters to the crocodiles!

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

Found my IrishSerb 15mm French Armored Cars !! Bongo Haram will soon have a rude awakening !! Just need to paint them and the pp FFL figures.

kyoteblue
    Participant

It has turned cold and wet in Oklahoma so no priming figures for a while. So the FFL will have to wait for next weekend. I’ve almost got a handle on NEIS, need to reread the morale rules again.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

To see if a squad falls back, add up how many casualties and pins you rolled against them. Add 1 to that number for every untreated casualty.

Then roll a die and if its equal or under that total, they haul ass that many inches.

(So my Soviets shoot at some imperialist bandits: They pin 2 and wound 1. You roll a die and get a 2. You have to fall back 2″. If you had rolled a 4, you would not fall back)

Make sense?

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

Hey Ivan I thought you was all dog housed and stuff.  I’ll read the rules again soon.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Hey Ivan I thought you was all dog housed and stuff. I’ll read the rules again soon.

I got DHed on the site we shall not mention but I’ve been spending a bit less time online while organizing some projects over the weekend. Coming down with a cold so might be scarce for a day or two, but then I should be back in full form 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

Oh bummer.  Get better man !!

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Thanks. Knew it was coming once the kid started couching and sniffling a few days ago. Spent the day watching Doctor Who in bed and playing a bit of ASL.

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

OK.  Never got into ASL but love Doctor Who. I’ll do some back story laters.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Favourite doctor?

Nordic Weasel Games

shelldrake
    Participant

Tom Baker is the best Dr

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Ive been on a quest to watch every episode ever (which included a TON of the fan reconstructions, from Troughtons era). Just finished the first of Bakers seasons (with Genesis of the Daleks).

Maybe I should write up a time traveller for Five Parsecs 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

Tom Baker is still my Doctor Who but Matt Smith was good as well.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Col. Sokolove wiped the cold sweat from his brow as he left the Sultan’s palace. Parts of the palace were rumored to predate Stonehenge. It was the most unsettling place the Col. had ever been. The meeting with the Sultan had gone badly.  The Col. had just escaped being fired for not retaking Oil Pumping Station Zebra. However the Sultan had seen the need to expand the Col.  mercenary forces. So the Col would be able to buy more arms and hired more men. The Col. would spend the next few days doing that and relaxing in his HQ.

More soon.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Enough vacation talk already. Get back to the battle reports! Will the Colonel succeed or will the Sultan fire him by firing squad? And what of Bongo Haram? What’s their religious opinion on percussion instruments in general? How will they celebrate their inevitable victory over the Sultan’s mercenaries without a good rhythm section. Inquiring minds want to know!

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

irishserb
    Participant

Don’t know about the mercenaries’ rhythm section, but sounds like the Sultan is singing the blues!

kyoteblue
    Participant

Taking a bit more time out as my Cat Fred past last night, he was very old and it was his time. So yes the Sultan is playing the blues.

I came up with Bongo Haram as a tongue in cheek joke about Bongolisia  M. Murphy’s Imagi-nation and the real Boko Haram.

I found my Irishserb French Armored cars and the PP, FFL figures and will be painting them up soon. Oh and Irishserb’s stuff is really great every one should buy some !!

Still struggling to learn the No End In Sight rules( I have to unlearn FOW).

Thanks Guys !!

irishserb
    Participant

Sorry to hear about Fred.

We lost Izzy after 18 years, just a few months back.  Might be their time, but never easy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.