Home Forums Modern No End In Sight…Oil Pumping Station Zebra.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Rod Robertson
    Participant

I am typing this one-handed as I raise a glass to Fred the moggy, may he stalk paradise and enjoy the 72 mice of ambrosia. My condolences Kyoteblue, but as long as Fred prowls in your mind he will have a measure of immortality. Remember him fondly.

Best wishes.

Rod Robertson.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Rod Robertson.
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Buried Fred beneath a tree on my land. So he will always have shade.  I’m having a Failed Morale Check, Jameson, diet coke and one cube of ice. Till we meet again Fred.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Sorry to hear about kitty 🙁

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

kyoteblue
    Participant

I’ll get back to it tomorrow, In the mean while.

Col Sokolove looked on with pride the newest addition to the Ifat arsenal , an M-113 mortar carrier. It would soon make short work of the Bongo Haram fighters at Oil Pumping  Station Zebra.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

We have nothing to fear from imperialist mortar carriers manned by girly men

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

Got some paint on 8 more figures today two snipers and six command figures for the Sultans mercenaries.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Todays game didn’t get played as my regular opponent had to cancel due to a bad back.  Maybe next Sunday.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Play a solo game if needs be. Keep the narrative moving forward. We demand our bread and games!

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I’ll be getting some 15mm TSS WW1 Belgians from Scale Creep Miniatures in later this week. So I may get a Great War game in. I will set up a solo game of NEIS tomorrow.  Maybe even push figures around and roll dice.

How ever My Lady Joyce and I will be ( I Hope) getting a house in just over 3 weeks. So gaming will be on hold till we get moved. But I have claimed the 3 car garage as my Man Cave/ Game room.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Col. Sokolove’s driver Fred stopped the 57 Caddy convertible and woke the Col.  Hey boss Fred said you’re wanted on the radio.  The Col rubbed his face and took the radio, keyed it and talked to the driver of the lowboy trailer, which was hauling the M-113 Mortar carrier. The trailer had shredded yet another tire. The whole column would  have to halt while a new tire could be brought up from the supply truck and changed.

The Col. wondered how much longer it would be till he could reach Oil Pumping Station Zebra with his reinforcement’s and attack Bongo Haram.  He sighed and rubbed his face again, he had dreamed of Alcovia again the falling snow splattered with his squads blood, that nightmare ambush that was his first taste of combat all those years ago. He shivered in the heat of the African sun.

Don’t think I will get any games in till after the move but I will try to add some back round.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Good luck with the move and I hope the man-cave is all you hope it will be.

Flashbacks and PTSD! Perhaps too realistic for toy soldiers? Well, it gives the characters more depth I suppose, so why not!

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

An aside from the game. Joyce and I sold the farm and bought a house today so …soon I will have my man cave Muahahahahaha !!!

shelldrake
    Participant

Woot! I wish I had a man cave.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Congratulations. Good news! Best of luck with the move and the Anschluss of the garage. Then you can get your priorities properly realigned and tangle once again with the anti-percussionist fanatics of Bongo Haram at OPSZ.

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

No game today, but I did get to set up my 4 x 6 foot game table in the garage/man cave at long last. Soon !!!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Keep the faith brother and Amen! If you build it, they will come. The minis that is, not a bunch of dead baseball players. So when can we expect the next dispatches from Ifat to start coming in? What dark and sinister plans are Bongo Haram cooking up and how will the mercenary Col. Sokolove fair as his next attack is brought together and executed? Let loose the chihuahuas of war!

No more excuses. Get Gaming!

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Sounds like you’ll have a killer gaming space 😉

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

I need to buy a space heater as it’s been cold here in Okieland of late. But yeah it’s great having so much space !!! And I’ll get a painting area set up in the study and who knows get some figures done when we get snowed in.

kyoteblue
    Participant

New computer. And I got a printer !!!! Forgot to get a camera damn it. New post on the story soon !!!

Just Jack
    Participant

Get a camera, Old Man.  Without pics, how do I even know you’re an actual wargamer, and not just a voyeur? 😉

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

You wound me…

Just Jack
    Participant

Hippy.

kyoteblue
    Participant

That’s Hippy Cowboy Biker Poet to you….

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

He looks like one of the guys from ZZ Top, only more handsome and hopefully not playing the sax 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games

Just Jack
    Participant

Kyote,

How much dough does Ivan owe you?  And you should use it to buy a camera 😉

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Yeah sure….I will have to get with my Computer Wizard Geek Girl to get a camera and learn to use it.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Still sorting and finding my gaming stuff. Man I have tons of FOW stuff. Oh and almost all of it is painted and based. The same can’t be said of my NEIS modern stuff.

shelldrake
    Participant

Still sorting and finding my gaming stuff. Man I have tons of FOW stuff. Oh and almost all of it is painted and based. The same can’t be said of my NEIS modern stuff.

Then in the mean time, you could always try out NEIS WW2 style to kick things off

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Just so happens that FiveCore Company Commander will work pretty well with FOW bases 😉

Pop me your email and I’ll hook you up with copies and you can mail me moneys at your leisure.

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

I wish I was better at this down loading rules stuff but I’ll have to get my Geek Computer Girl to help me out.  Then get them spiral bound at Staples then try to read them…Goddess I’m old.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Got my NEIS table set up today and soon will play the last game of OPSZ then on to the next part of the campaign.  Mistress Elvira’s School for Girls.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Mistress Elvira’s School for Girls? What, is Col. Sokolove going to be doing; some cross-training/cross-dressing? Or does it naturally follow that when the oil boom is restarted by the recapture of the station, the bust must follow?

Cheers.

Rod Robertson

shelldrake
    Participant

Yay re the table…. not sure on the other bit until more intel comes through from our spies.

kyoteblue
    Participant

It was just past dawn at Oil Pumping Station Zebra, when Col Sokolove ordered the assault to begin. It was then the explosions started. Bongo Haram  had anticipated Col Sokolove’s attack and blown the pumping station and disappeared into the desert.

Just as the Col reached for the radio it came to life with a frantic call from Al Sinq , Bongo Haram had raided Mistress Elvira’s School for Girls , kidnapping the Mistress and 20 of her girls !!

So ends the first part of my campaign, next up the pursuit of Bongo Haram and hopeful the rescue of Mistress Elvira and her girls.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Due to the demand of my readers I will start a new thread about the Rescue Of Mistress Elvira and the Fivecore Company Command rules.  Just need to base and paint more troops. Damn you Ivan !!!

shelldrake
    Participant

Yay!

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Can’t wait 🙂

btw, Shelldrake, not ignoring your email, just taking a while to get everything sorted out 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games

shelldrake
    Participant

Can’t wait :) btw, Shelldrake, not ignoring your email, just taking a while to get everything sorted out :)

No worries – I figured you were busy from the NWG email updates that were coming out.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.