Home Forums Modern No End in Sight Questions thread

This topic contains 54 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Ivan Sorensen Ivan Sorensen 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Guy Farrish
    Guy Farrish
    Participant

Just Jack,

Thanks! I’d been wondering about those last night, but seeing is believing!

It was the IRA guys I wasn’t sure about  – but this looks very good.

Always loved your blog and AARs – I remember asking a couple of questions about a write up you did on the CWC boards I think it was.

Thanks for the help.

Guy

Me too about being here to talk gaming only! Best wishes.

shelldrake
    shelldrake
    Participant

New Question: Anti-armour weapons vs. buildings.  What rules to use?

I am thinking along the lines that anti-armour weapons can be used against a building to punch holes in the sides, and affect those in the room next to the targeted wall.

Carl Gustavs are very handy for this type of work especially.

What rules to use for this?

maybe the Firing at buildings rules on p19 (i.e. a 3+ strikes effectively, causing a hole big enough for a soldier to go through) , plus the normal damage for targets inside a room as per the RPG rules on the same page.  Buildings wont collapse when fired at this way.

Thoughts? other suggestions?

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

That’s almost exactly what I’d do yeah. The “RPG” entry covers most any shaped charge, infantry carried missile.

I can’t imagine a shaped charge warhead inflicting enough damage to collapse a building, though I’d be happy to be educated otherwise.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://sites.google.com/site/nordicweaselgames/

shelldrake
    shelldrake
    Participant

That’s almost exactly what I’d do yeah. The “RPG” entry covers most any shaped charge, infantry carried missile. I can’t imagine a shaped charge warhead inflicting enough damage to collapse a building, though I’d be happy to be educated otherwise.

Cheers 🙂 yet again it proves to me how logical the rules are.

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

It’s all accident, I swear 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games

Philippe Schall
    Philippe Schall
    Participant

Leader question here :

A leader pinned as to be recovered from  pinned status with the 1st activation point of a squad.

Then can he activate other units or like normal soldier he has to wait for next turn  to be able to activate other soldiers of his squad ?

La guerre n'est que le prolongement de la politique par d'autres moyens / War is the continuation of politics by other means (Carl von Clausewitz)

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Leader question here :
    A leader pinned as to be recovered from pinned status with the 1st activation point of a squad.
    Then can he activate other units or like normal soldier he has to wait for next turn to be able to activate other soldiers of his squad ?

This is probably a good one for me to clarify in the rules.
    Leader can recover and then activate others. The “no actions after recovering from pinned” penalty only applies to non-leaders.
    Cheers!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Ivan Sorensen Ivan Sorensen.

Nordic Weasel Games

shelldrake
    shelldrake
    Participant

Ah, thanks for the clarification on that one – the out come of some of my games might have been totally different if I had know this

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Sorry! 🙂

I’ve mailed you 3 good dice rolls to be redeemed at any time, as compensation for any missed shots in your previous games.

Nordic Weasel Games

shelldrake
    shelldrake
    Participant

Thanks for the dice rolls.

About the previous question on leaders and pins – does the same go for self ordering individuals? Can they unpin themselves and then take another action?

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Officially yes, since they are essentially a leader who can’t give orders to anyone else.

I am inclined to test it with not letting them though.

Nordic Weasel Games

Philippe Schall
    Philippe Schall
    Participant

Thanks for the great support you provide to NEIS Ivan and Thanks Shelldrake to have open this thread and for your great contributions too

Cheers have fun and thx for the good stuff

La guerre n'est que le prolongement de la politique par d'autres moyens / War is the continuation of politics by other means (Carl von Clausewitz)

Philippe Schall
    Philippe Schall
    Participant

Another question this time regarding light vehicules since I can not figure out what to do concerning light vehicules:

Here is the situation, let’s say you have a convoy of trucks and jeeps on the road on routine supply duty. This convoy is sudenly ambushed (or some enemies get a chance to fire at it by any means). No Cal.50 MG canon or heavy weapons only assault rifles or saw (light weapons). So what’s happen, how to deal with that I saw only rules regarding APCs or Tanks and small armament has no effects on them but what about light vehicules ?

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

I’ll echo that as I plan on doing a pursuit game with light trucks and cars.

Ivan Sorensen
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

You’re welcome!

Since most light vehicles tend to be open topped as well, I just resolve the fire against the crew. That being said, what if you were to unload your AK at the side of a Jeep?

Say 1D6 per 1 firepower, with a 6 inflicting a systems hit? That’s pretty low odds but I imagine it’s fairly tough to actually prevent a vehicle from moving again, with long-range small arms fire.

Nordic Weasel Games

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.