Home Forums Modern NORTHTAG Team Yankee campaign

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    Participant

We kicked off the new NORTHTAG Team Yankee campaign game this past Sunday. We have 8 players 4 Nato and 4 Soviets . We played 4 games and Nato won all 4 . Brits 4-2 Americans 5-2 West Germans 5-2 and West Germans 6-1 . Nato now goes on the attack tomorrow. I’ll post some short AAR’s as I can.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

The rules are biased or improperly weighted if the Soviets are always losing. It’s yet another capitalist, war-monger, running-dog plot comrade! Send the authors to Lubyanka Prison. Where is Comrade Beria when you need him?

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

LOL  thanks Rod !!!

kyoteblue
    Participant

I stomped the Soviets 6-1 again today, it was over by turn 2.  I play again tomorrow after I see my Doctor for a med check.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

I’m beginning to detect a theme here. In TY the Soviets lose unless the NATO player doesn’t turn up and misses the game. In the 6mm micro armour games which I used to play NATO won about 40-50% of the time due to the preponderance of Soviet forces and artillery. How times have changed.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Mostly I have found the sweet spot with the West Germans for Team Yankee, it’s a better army than the Americans with more options for Arty and AA.

I play another game this afternoon and hope I can keep my roll going.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Game has been postponed till Wens.   darn the luck.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Game is on for tomorrow. Hoping to extend my winning streak.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Another day another delay. Maybe this weekend.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Finally got caught up on my campaign games and I got 2 6-1 victory’s and one 1-6 defeat !!!!  Over all Nato is kicking Soviet butt !!!

I have found the right combo for the West Germans and I’m internalizing the Team Yankee rules so I can play a better game.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Not being familiar with the rules nor the scenarios which you are playing, I find it hard to understand why the results are so lop-sided in favour of the NATO forces. If a Soviet force of 12 BMP and four T-64B tanks supported by a direct fire battery of 122mm 2S1’s and indirect fire from a battery of 120 mm mortars attacks a NATO force of a troop of Leopard II’s and a platoon of Pz. Gren. in Marder I’s supported by four tubes of 120mm mortars, then the Soviets should win as often as they lose. But that does not seem to be the case in TY. Why is that? And what’s with all the divisional, corps, army and front level assets being used in tactical games? That’s just weird.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

The Soviets have T-72’s   and both 2s1 and BM-21  arty and rockets as support  along with the BMP-2 and Infantry all of which cost x points, and we are playing lower point games. I’m able to use Panzer grenadiers in M-113 for less points than Marders and get an extra Milan team. That and use Leopard 1’s in place of the Leopard 2’s for less points so it’s a balancing act. There are also missions which sometimes call for only half of your forces on the table at the beginning, then you roll for reinforcements to come on. It does balance out but may look weird to some one who doesn’t know the game.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

T-72’s, ah yes, Team Yankee. I remember now.

So you are saying that you had Leopard 1A5’s and M-113’s and beat the Soviet Juggernaut with T-72’s and BMP-2’s and divisional or corp level rocketry support. I am impressed KB! Well done indeed.

If it’s not too much trouble, could you take a moment to list the numbers of what each side had in this last battle which you played? I would be interested to know what exactly the opposing forces were.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Gabriel had 2 T-72 units of 8 each. a Motor Rifle unit with 18 infantry stands and 9 BMP-2’s   two 2s1 arty battery’s ( 6  each  ) 3 Spandrel’s  4 BRDM-2 a command T-72 and spotter BMP-1

I had 2 M-113 Panzer Grenadier platoons with 3 MG-3 and 3 Milan teams 3 platoons of Leopard 1’s (3 each)  1 platoon of leopard 2’s  (3 each) and LARS rocket arty (4 each)  and 2 platoons of Luch’s  (2 each) a command M-113 2 MG-3 stands and an M-113 spotter.

We played the Bridgehead scenario , with me attacking and Gabriel defending he had half his forces on table and rolled for reinforcements each turn needing a 5 to get one and got one more die each turn. All my forces started on the table. He had one T-72 platoon and the BMP-2’s and Infantry on table, his other units where off table

As attacker I got first turn and used Arty and direct gun fire to take out 3 infantry stands and all 9 BMP-2’s and his command T-72 with Milans.

He got a reserve on turn one bring on one of the 2s1 arty battery’s and it’s BMP-1 spotter.  He unpinned his infantry moved his T-72’s out of hiding and shot up one of my Leopard 1 platoons but only killed one.   Next turn I was able to pound his infantry with arty and direct fire from Leopard 1 and 2 platoons and killed more infantry I killed 4 T-72’s with Milan’s and leopard 1’s

Sorry getting tired and post more on this later..

But I kept killing infantry tanks and armored cars and lost 1 leopard 1 unit.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Wow! You did this on the attack and outnumbered two to one! Very interesting. Wiping out all nine BMP-2’s on turn one is impressive.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Oh, and thanks for taking the time to fill me in on the scenario.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Thanks Rod !! But because of the scenario on the first turn I had a 2 to 1 advantage in numbers.

kyoteblue
    Participant

We wrapped up the last game today, the West Germans held off the final Soviet East German attack.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Congratulations on completing the campaign successfully and on having such fun doing so. Good on ya KB and now that your plate is clear for awhile will Ifat and its cast of n’er-do-wells make an appearance? We’ve been hanging on a cliff face since the wicked Bongo-haram raided Mistress Elvira’s School for Girls. My fingers are getting sore clinging to the rock face for almost two years now. So play some FOW4 and do some Ifat to fill your empty schedule until the next iteration of the TY campaign starts afresh!

Cheers and good gaming.

Ragged-Fingers Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Thanks Rod, it was a hectic game as two of the four players were new and didn’t know the rules all that well.    I’m trying to learn the new V 4  FOW rule changes but am reluctant to buy the V 4 books…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.