Home Forums General General Not Fat at all, no indeed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Howard Whitehouse
    Participant

Over the past weeks I have been posting a series of ‘Gamers’ Tales’ for a newish wargames webzine called The Miniatures Authority. Here’s the latest.

Francis Lillis tells us what I can only think of as a story of spousal abuse.

“In the middle of an ECW game, my wife started nipping my ear about losing weight. I gallantly declined to get wound up. I leaned across the table to move some stuff and two 24 man pike blocks stabbed me so hard they remained attached to me when I jumped up emoting loudly. They were all steel pins. I am certainly not overweight by wargamer’s standards.

Normally she psychologically undermines me by telling my opponent she started painting figures twenty years after me and was better than me from day one.”

Gamers’ Tale 16

Wander around, look at the interviews, short pieces and, of course, more stories like this.

I do all my own stunts.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Huzzah !!!!

Mike
    Keymaster

Cheers. Will take a look.

Howard Whitehouse
    Participant

Thanks, Mike. We’re trying to do a cheerful, informal webzine with a sense of humour and no snarky attitudes towards other gamers. Now, making fun of 1960s magazine covers is another thing — 🙂

I do all my own stunts.

Sane Max
    Participant

a gamers tale about figures crouching  where they can neither shoot or be shot at reminds me of a long-held idle hankering to put on a WWI participation game, set in a Quiet sector. Each turn players would roll  a dice and I would tell them ‘Francois has got Lice’ or ‘New delivery of sausages, please fill out this form’ and if anyone decided to launch something so silly as an aggressive patrol, or lord forbid, an assault, I would make them roll a dice and say ‘Orders from the Colonel –  Remain on the defensive please’. I was always curious to see how long it would take people to throw dice at me and walk away.

I will certainly have a regualr read Howard, thanks.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Sane Max.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Sane Max.
    Howard Whitehouse
    Participant

That game sounds excellent!

My idea for a WWI game involves getting my wargaming group down to a building site on a rainy Saturday, and getting them to dig a trench system.

Then I take orders for lunch.

Then I tell them they are getting bully beef instead, and I’ll go and fetch it for them.

Then I drive off and don’t come back.

It’s very authentic.

I do all my own stunts.

Mike
    Keymaster

My idea for a WWI game involves getting my wargaming group down to a building site on a rainy Saturday, and getting them to dig a trench system.

Then I take orders for lunch.

Then I tell them they are getting bully beef instead, and I’ll go and fetch it for them.

Then I drive off and don’t come back.

It’s very authentic.

ha, that is top.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.