Home Forums WWII O Group

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    DCRBrown
    Participant

A little teaser for you….

DB

Norm S
    Participant

I consider myself teased!

looking forward to these.

Guy Farrish
    Participant

Publication date?

Lardy Rich
    Participant

Smashing question Guy. Dave and I had our last editorial meeting today. Henry and I have the final meeting tomorrow and then it will be with the printer this time tomorrow. After that we get a printer’s proof in a few days. Once we have read that and given them the go-ahead we will know dates and be able to start offering advanced order bundles for sale.

I never guess about these things, but how does Monday the 1st of March sound?

Cheers

Richard

Playing the period, not the rules, since 2002

Guy Farrish
    Participant

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant Hapus i chi gyd!

Ta! Sounds good.

DCRBrown
    Participant

For those into FaceBook there’s now a dedicated O Group FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2829696957316103

DB

Norm S
    Participant

Dave, I am not a FB user, so on my visit, the group did not let me in to browse. I am not sure how these things work, but is it possible to change the settings so that none FB users can still do read only?

Ampersand Andy
    Participant

Pre Order Bundle now available. Go on order the sausage sandwich. You know you’ve been waiting for it!

deephorse
    Participant

Put in my pre-order today.  Seems like the least I could do after doing a little play testing for it back when you could see other human beings and eat in a restaurant.  I find it a bit surprising how quickly you can adapt to a new normal.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

DCRBrown
    Participant

And published today – at last!!

DB

Tactical Painter
    Participant

Dave, I am not a FB user, so on my visit, the group did not let me in to browse. I am not sure how these things work, but is it possible to change the settings so that none FB users can still do read only?

Norm, FB has ‘private’ groups because some people wish to have their participation kept just to the group and shared with a community that understands their interest rather than publicly for all their contacts and anyone else to see.

One reason is that employers and others often do background checks on potential employees and look at their social media presence to get a better understanding of their personality etc. Not all employers understand miniature gaming while other see an interest in the ‘military’ and ‘weapons’ as a sign of extremist tendencies.

The Tactical Painter - painting miniature armies for battles on the table top.
    http://www.thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com/

Norm S
    Participant

Thanks. Hopefully some of the useful bits there make it out onto peoples blogs.

DCRBrown
    Participant

N,

There also the forum over on the TooFatLardies site.

https://toofatlardies.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=45

DB

Question, would this basing organization work (it represents a Greek battalion in 1940-1941)

Greek Battalion WW2 Organization

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

Axel Oxenstierna

MartinR
    Participant

I don’t see why not. In OG each platoon is represented by section stands.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Thank you Martin

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

Axel Oxenstierna

General Slade
    Participant

I like the look of these rules and I’m thinking of buying the complete bundle that is on offer on the TFL website (O Group).  However, I’m having trouble finding the figure ratio for vehicles and guns.   In some places it says one model represents one vehicle and in others it says one model represents two or three vehicles.

I’m asking because when I am doing WWII gaming I only like playing at a 1:1 ratio. For some reason I can’t get my head round the idea of one model tank representing two real ones.

Don Glewwe
    Participant

In some places it says one model represents one vehicle and in others it says one model represents two or three vehicles. I’m asking because when I am doing WWII gaming I only like playing at a 1:1 ratio. For some reason I can’t get my head round the idea of one model tank representing two real ones.

Someone with the rules to hand (or a better memory…) can correct me, but I recall that the vehicle models do stand in for two or three vehicles, and the rules handle shock/casualties on that basis, but…

Using 3 or 6mm models (that wouldn’t be too out of sync with the ground scale of ~1:1000) would allow the use of a 1:1 representation on the tabletop to give a more pleasing visual – that’s what I’m planning to do, anyway, though I may end up sticking with the 1:2 or :3 ratio if the fender-to-fender look of 1:1 is worse.

https://brawlfactory.net/

General Slade
    Participant

Thanks Don,

I’m planning to use 12mm figures so I don’t know whether adding the extra vehicles would work – I think the table might get a bit crowded.

I found something from Dave Brown written prior to publication in which he said that the ratio for vehicles and guns was 1:1 but I get the feeling this changed somewhere along the line.  I’ve posted the same question on the General de Brigade / O Group forum so hopefully someone there will be able to give me a definitive answer.

Guy Farrish
    Participant

On Abwehrschlacht’s YouTube channel Storm of Steel Wargaming  he says (about 6min 52 secs in) that each tank model represent c5 tanks.

General Slade
    Participant

Thanks Guy.  Sounds like this isn’t the ruleset for me.

General Slade
    Participant

For anyone who is interested, I got the definitive answer from Dave Brown on the General de Brigade forum:

It’s 1 : 2 or 3 for 15mm or 20mm.

However some 6mm players have gone for 1 : 1. So, each section base in an infantry platoon has about 8 or so figures. While a tank or gun section is made up of two models.

DB

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.