Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Off World: First playtest of upcoming sci-fi rules

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

Hey all—did a quick playtest of my sci-fi rules, Off World, which are based on my WWII rules, A Sergeant’s War. The playtest was intended to test out some of the changes I’ve made to the game, to make it faster moving and higher-firepower than the WWII version.

The scenario: Two days ago, a team of mercenaries attempted a snatch-and-grab operation at the Hanoi Military District Space Port. They were unsuccessful, suffering heavy casualties; the survivors, with several stolen combat droid units, fled the scene in a orbital lighter. UNEM Space Command shot down the lighter before it could lift to orbit and the ship crashed near the Vietnamese/Laotian border.

UNEM Army forces cannot legally operate in Vietnam, so PAVN troops responded, tracking the crashed ship and encircling the mercenaries with infantry, APCs, and their own combat droids. A shootout followed near a small hamlet in the jungle.

Some pics below; more pics and a written summary at my blog, http://thedogsbrush.blogspot.com/2015/02/vietnam-2148-ad-science-fiction-playtest.html

Mr. Average
    Participant

Not sure if I follow the rules after the photos, but the setup and figures look terrific if nothing else!

Shandy
    Participant

Very nice terrain & figures!

Angel Barracks

Looks good, I have subscribed to the topic, keep us updated!

Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

Hey all—we got another playtest of Off World, my science fiction rules in development. in today. The United Nations of Earth and Mars Army, having taken over the occupation duties on the colony world of Kyushu after the UN Marines took control of the coast, are now moving into the highlands to pursue the shattered Kyushan Armed Forces. The KAF has deployed militia troops and droid forces to cover their withdrawal.

More pics and a full description at my blog, here http://thedogsbrush.blogspot.com/2015/03/logging-road-2-16-kyushan-highlands.html

kyoteblue
    Participant

Very cool looking 15mm toys !!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.