Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Ogre Miniatures: A 3mm Scale Debut

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Average
    Participant

Wellp.  I rolled out Ogre Miniatures at my club this weekend, and at 3mm scale no less.  It was breaking new ground in a place where the ground is pretty hard against Sci Fi in general and 3mm scale in particular, and I have to say I think it went pretty well, with a good deal of interest in the whole thing.  The game was a Paneuropean defense of a river line against a combined GEV and heavy armor assault by a Combine force.

Combine superheavies were not as decisive an element as might have been expected, as they fell to a series of lucky hits from Paneuro howitzers and Mobile Howitzers.  GEVs did remarkably well, but got baited into close combat with Paneuro heavies and missile tanks and ended up decimated by game end.

MVP in this game was definitely the Paneuropean Mobile Howitzer, which was tops at defending a more or less static terrain feature.  ANd of course, there were Ogres: a Combine Mk. V versus a Panueropean Fencer-B, in which contest the Fencer-B became useless after its missile magazines were empty, but nevertheless did significant damage before a forced withdrawal.

Ultimate result: a draw, with a slight points balance in favor of the Paneuropeans, but which would probably have left the field in Combine control.  Had this been part of a campaign, as we’re trying to work out, we would likely not have fought to 80% casualties.

Overall, everyone concerned seemed very pleased with the visual aspect and the scale got a very good workout on a small table.  Good times for everyone!

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Wow, looks like a great game!

Nice to hear that some folks at the club appreciated it too. But now you’ve got me thinking about my 3mm stuff again, like I don’t have enough projects running at once  !

moredakka
    Participant

Seen this on TacComs very cool!

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

I just realized I forgot to ask, what rules where you using? Just standard OGRE/GEV or some homebrew?

Mr. Average
    Participant

We played a somewhat loosely-interpreted version of the Ogre Miniatures ruled – we weren’t being too careful about things like Spillover Fire or Overruns, but the game still played pretty well.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Oddly enough, I got a game in this weekend, too!

Here are a couple of pics:

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

@Mr Average: Oh I see, looks brilliant anyhow!

@Thaddeus: Looks like a smashing game, thanks for sharing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.