Home Forums WWII Okinawa scenario

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

I have shared the first scenario of a mini-campaign book called “24 Hours on Okinawa.” It’s intended for my WWII game but can be easily adapted to other systems. This was a nasty scenario in playtests, but the Marines almost won. Thanks for looking.

(As a preview: The game features a reinforced Marine platoon, about 50 figures, supported by 2 Shermans, against a network of Japanese bunkers.)

http://thedogsbrush.blogspot.com/2016/10/free-sergeants-war-scenario-marine.html

kyoteblue
    Participant

Cool !!!

Mike
    Keymaster

Cheers, may rob this for my sci-fi games.

NKL Aerotom
    Participant

Looks good. I know what you mean about “nasty scenario in playtests” we had to playtest all the pacific scenarios when writing the Japanese army list for ostfront – including an Okinawa style uphill battle. Pretty heart breaking to play. The pacific is the kind of theater you think sounds good to game, but in practice turns out to be pretty ruthless

Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

Thanks!

@Ostfront, thanks! The hard infantry fights of WWII are all pretty similar to each other in that regard. Slow, grinding advances, with lots of back and forth at the forward edge of the line. In other scenarios for this set, we’ve had lone Marine bazookamen and flamethrower men advance on bunkers singlehandedly, in a few cases taking out the bunker but in others getting shot down in the attempt. THe terrain in the scenario gives you a lot of opportunity for reversed slope positions and interlocking fields of fire.

PatG
    Participant

Cheers, may rob this for my sci-fi games.

And I might nick it for Colonials – lots of opportunity for hidden units.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.