Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Oldhammer – skaven v undead

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I used to play Warhammer Fantasy a lot. An awful lot. And I was rather good at it too.

I lost interest with 6th edition, and haven’t played in well over 10 years. Well, a mate and I have decided to have a game of warhammer 5th edition, and I am a little rusty, and would love some general advice. In addition, he is using undead, and I dimly recall always struggling against them with my furry hordes.

I have the obvious points covered – big deep units, led by characters, frenzy and hatred where possible, playing to the strengths. It’s only a 2k game, and I will not have a high-level magic user, so most of the best skaven spells will be unavailable, and plan to play a defensive game magically (the magic phase was always my strong suit, I was good at the game-within-a-game that is the 4th and 5th edition magic system).

But are there any other general tips, cunning ploys or evil tricks the esteemed members of this august body might wish to suggest? We are playing for fun, so I don’t want to beard-cheese him… but I would hate to get thrashed because i neglected something obvious.

pat

Keymaster

Is this still of relevance or have you moved on?

Participant

Holy Thread Necromancy! we played the game, and he couldn’t get his undead out on time, so it was Dark Elves, and he lamped me.

sadly it’s not been played since, my Skaven are playing Dragon Rampant instead though 🙂

Participant

You remind me I have 6mm rat men to paint up…

Keymaster

I must do some photos for my 10mm Empire, the army is pretty much done.
    Unit cards and a few bits n bobs…

WFB FTW

Participant

I’m getting ready for my first 28mm figures in decades: Oathmark. Looks like all the fun of WHFB with none of the cheesy hassle. We’ll see. Two more manuals already released? I hope Osprey doesn’t make the mistake GW made and make the game too top-heavy.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.