Home Forums General Books and Magazines One Hour Wargames Review

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shandy
    Participant

Hi!

I know I’m late to the party, but still – I’ve just put a review of Neil Thomas’ One Hour Wargames on my blog:

https://wargamingraft.wordpress.com/2015/10/30/review-one-hour-wargames/

I’ve bought it because of the scenarios, which are splendid – we already played one, a report will follow next week – but the rules sound interesting too.

Cheers,

Shandy

Russell Phillips
    Participant

I’m using them to introduce my 8-year old son to wargaming

Military history author

Shandy
    Participant

Good idea! I might try them with my nephew… and my niece as soon as she’s old enough!

Russell Phillips
    Participant

I’ll be letting my daughter have a go when she’s old enough. She’s only three, so really can’t handle the rules yet. Also, I’ve found that die-cast models and soft plastic figures are essential, since they’re much less likely to get damaged.

Military history author

Shandy
    Participant

Also, I’ve found that die-cast models and soft plastic figures are essential, since they’re much less likely to get damaged.

Now that is a good idea! I’ll see what I can get – perhaps some plastic knights and stuff like that?

Russell Phillips
    Participant

Depends on the period you want to do, I guess. I’m doing WWII with my son. I got some die-cast tanks from The Works (£2 each, 20mm scale. They might still have some in stock), with Airfix figures and Hat anti-tank guns.

Military history author

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.