Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming One of the biggest gaming surprises ever for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I had no interest in Subnautica, a game in the category of “survival ” or even “survival horror ”

Two genre I have zero interest in. But it was free on epic games a few years back.

So I downloaded it to see as it had gotten a lot of good reviews.

Boy am I glad I did. Subnautica quickly became one of my favorite games of several decades. And it’s a combo of the well paced gameplay of continuing upgrading and finding new technologies, a hidden yet well made story, but most of all its the theme of underwater exploring.

Starting in the shallows, with basic gear. Than after 30 hours our 1500 meters deep with you own mini sub that you can grow food in and it can carry a underwater mech suit. And you now have a giant underwater base you’ve built.  Mabye the base is close to the surface and uses solar panels, with compost generator for some extra juice.

Or maybe it deeper down and uses hydrothermal energy. Or mabye you’ve gone full out and your 5 story 50 room underwater base is nuclear powered.

It truly is a fantastic game if you enjoy the concept of underwater exploration.

I booted it up again today this time in VR, did 90 minutes in a go, got myself my trusty  little seamoth best described as a tiny car sub, the Mini Cooper of subs. Here’s the first 20 minutes.

Participant

Thats funny! Is it your voice-over?

I dont play such games, but I can note your excitement. And I defy anyone to swim one-handed in a straight line or dive!!!   LOL!

cheers and have a great day
    d

Yes, my voice over.

Episode 2.

I’m actually 14 hours into the story. But I’m so busy playing.  I haven’t had time to edit the videos.

So far nothing much exciting happening. I’m hunting silver to make a wiring kit.

Participant

Thats funny! Is it your voice-over? I dont play such games, but I can note your excitement. And I defy anyone to swim one-handed in a straight line or dive!!! LOL! cheers and have a great day d

I seem to recall that they managed it in Thunderball.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Part 3, I have my Seagilde it gives you much more room to move about.

Took me about 90 minutes,  but I made my precious Seamoth.

This is a game changer. Not only is it very fast. So getting around is now much easier.

But even more importantly. As long as the Seamoth has jucie it ha oxygen. Which means you can park the seamoth at depth and swim out do stuff and swim back. You are no longer forced to stay within surface range.

When freshly made it can go down to 200 meters. Enough for you park it at 199 meters and then dive deeper for however many seconds of air you have. Later the Seamoth can get upgrades for 500 meters and finally all the way down to 900 meters.

First major “expedition” away from the little life pod.

Making food and water than going exploring for stuff.

I find a small treasure trove of useful minerals. And the video shows how useful the Seamoth is. Instead of going up for air every 90 seconds. I now stayed under water for like quarter of an hour.

Participant

I haven’t played it myself but a good friend of mine and his wife started playing it last year and really loved it.  Glad to see you’re having fun it!

It’s very fun.

The vidoes are lagging far behind now. I’m 20 hours into the game.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.