Home Forums General General One of the mercies of this hobby

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

One of the mercies of this hobby, I’ve begun to learn, is that when a figure, model or range that I really want goes OOP before I’ve taken the opportunity to purchase it, something similar and equivalent tends to come along from some other manufacturer if only I remain patient.

Case in point: About a year back I was distressed to learn that the Parroom Station 28mm VSF Martians had gone OOP, apparently due to some dispute between the people that had been working together to bring them onto the market. My plans for a 28mm VSF Mars project were suddenly a lot more dim and cheerless. A few other manufacturers make figures in the same general category (and I own more than a few of them) but nothing that quite hits the spot like the Parroom ones did, in regard to a combination of aesthetic and number of unique sculpts. Today, I learned that North Star is working on a range of VSF Martians that, judging by the one preview photo so far, is going to make a superior substitute. The future of my VSF project looks to be shining bright again, and I feel reassured of the inevitability of all that’s good in this hobby.

Just putting that out there to see if my attitude to OOP products strikes a chord with the rest of TWW.

Participant

I agree. I was (and kind of remain) really disappointed when Heritage Napoleonettes (and Confederettes) disappeared but over the years many manufacturers ranges such as AB have produced comparable quality.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Participant

Generally I would agree, most models that go OOP will be replaced by something equal or even better provided that the miniatures are popular enough.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.