Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands online card maker for heroes and villains

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all –

I will be creating a page to allow for online card creation using the templates (or at least a close approximation thereof) for a project in my coding classes in the next couple of months. The hero cards will be sized as they are on the site already so they can be fit into the resin card holders.

If Michael finds it acceptable, I will make it available to all, and have several ideas to expand upon that very basic project.

Keymaster

Cool beans, that would be way handy.

Participant

Ooooh! Very interested in this!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)
    practising hobby eclecticism

Participant

Should be able to start working on this in a couple of weeks – I will have 2 weeks to finish it for class, which should allow for all the basic functionality I have in mind. I will probably go with the full card, allowing for input of name, stats, and abilities. Not sure Vitality needs to be input there since it changes, but I suppose I could put the starting vitality anyway. There may be different abilities for the Barbaric Splendor version I am working on (slooooooowly lol) but that should be simple enough to opt for whichever version. Users can access the whole database of cards but only a cards creator can edit or delete it. You will also be able to access a list of just your creations versus the whole database if you so desire.  Image storage and uploading seems to be a bit of a nightmare so users will have to input a link to their images for the cards, which will then be automatically resized to fit the space for them.

Keymaster

All sounds very promising.

Participant

Liking the sound of this!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Working on the database for characters now – surely nobody would have more than 4 abilities even after a lengthy campaign, correct?

Keymaster

I would not have thought so.

Participant

That is what I was thinking, but figured I should get a second opinion – have to kind of plan for all kind of edge cases!

Participant

So the project is moving along, basically making sure the info is going where its supposed to, and have done a tiny bit of .css(making it look the way it should) so fonts still need done and the 2 other tables for info, but its getting there. The site will resize and fit pictures but I will offer recommended size and also if the user can do a transparent background that will look even better (I will be doing that for all the Barbaric Splendor ones using my miniatures; this one is just to get everything in place so havent bothered with that yet!). So this is the page to display your card and once I figure out how to transform it into an image, save it to your computer. Also, I am trying to recreate the original cards as best I can – but thoughts on adding Prowess, Wits, and Vitality above the rating below the image?

Keymaster

PWV, or just not bother?
    It should not take long to learn which is which?

Participant

I will stick with the original. I tend to over-complicate things left to my own devices. I hope it looks ok thus far.

Participant

Getting closer – the download is not working correctly and I need to get the font on the card changed but almost there. These are the display all cards (with options for update and delete for user who created the card only) and display one card pages (something with images is not downloading them, just the non-image parts, so have to figure that out and import the Crom font in there too):

Participant

Didnt have enough time to do these with transparent backgrounds…

Keymaster

cool beans

Participant

Fixed download and fonts – need to do some work on log in form then its done and ill get it online. This is now what the downloaded .jpg will look like:

Participant

Down to a lost password reset function to add, then I will get this online.

Keymaster

ooooh

Participant

I made a few changes to the initial basic design – now users will get a table of their own creations that they can update, download and delete, followed by one with all others for their perusal and download if they wish. I might transform that into a personal dashboard page if I ever add a unit card creator as well, but for my first app/page I am pleased and hope others will be too!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.